11-30-2013 08:06 AM - edited 11-30-2013 12:13 PM
After the 8.1 update my HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw wasn't recognized as a printer but it showed up as connected in my router, I could even access the printer's web interface and update the BIOS.
Solution although I'm not sure if this works for everyone (sorry if some terms aren't accurate I have no idea what the original english are if you know them you can tell me and I'll correct them):
1. Open Control Panel
2. Open Devices and Printers
3. There are two options on top: add device and add printer, you want add printer
4. If it doesen't find your printer click printer not listed at the bottom. Else select your printer and continue
5. Select add local printer and continue
6. Select new connection then default TCP/IP Port (HP TCP/IP Port made it unresponsive) and finally click continue
7. Enter printer's IP (look in your manual or your router config) and click continue. Now it should find something, else it won't let you continue.
8. use the recommended option
9. on the next panels do whatever you you like until it's done
Hope this works for you too!
11-30-2013 09:58 AM
Unfortunately this didn't work but I appreciate the effort of putting together a potential solution. I am now being told by HP Support that my HP PSC 950 all in one printer is not compatible with Windows 8.1 despite having worked fine in Windows 8. I am hoping that a new driver will be issued soon by HP to solve this problem as the 950 has been an excellent printer. Right now HP support is recommending I buy a new printer.
12-03-2013 07:06 AM
I just finished running the upgrade for Windows 8. I followed your instructions an ran the link. Was able to print the test screen, and it worked. Went back to test it out on example page to print and get error message in printing queue, (error printing).