Question
Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1
Replies (143)

Top Student
Maxi007
Message 31 of 144 (3,477 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I don't know what a driver is. And, yes, I have reconnecting the printer and rebooting the laptop, but I don't remember if I did both rebooting at the same time. When you reboot printer, do you mean, that when you shut it down, I should shut down or restart my laptop at the same time?
Honor Student
serjo
Message 32 of 144 (3,450 Views)

Hello,

Several times I have tried to reinstall my hp deskjet 5150 on my pc with the platform win 8.1.

No results.

On my other pc where the win xp is installed, no problem.

I have searched the internet for a driver for my printer to run with win 8.1. , no results.

Has anybody a solution ?

serjo

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 33 of 144 (3,449 Views)

serjo,

Here is the link on HP.com for your printer.  Just select with bit you have 64 or 32 and download the software and install it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=304431&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Student
device13
Message 34 of 144 (3,424 Views)

Hi,

I've a problem in printing any documents via networks (LAN) by HP LJ 1536. I have Windows 8.1 Pro. My action in this reason:

1. Turn off firewall in windows 8.1 Pro

2. Install static  IP address in HP LJ 1536. Printer's  static IP address is LAN. Command ping is replying without problem but the printing documents don't print out. 

3. Make a diagnostic HP LJ 1536 by your utility of Doctor Scan. Restarted the printer and PC but it doesn't help me. 

What do you think if I make a firmware in HP LJ 1536. 

Please, help me how to solve a problem.

Users crying to my boss.

Thank you.

I look forward your reply.

Top Student
johnp116
Message 35 of 144 (3,365 Views)

I have the same issue as all of you for the most part, i have a HPCM1415fnw i can print with no issues but i can't scan. its sayd scanner communication cannot be established. i have tried to reinstall the driver but i get an error at reinstalling it. i tried doing a fresh install of the software but same result. need help

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 36 of 144 (3,357 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello device13.

I understand you are unable to print with your Laserjet 1536. You have performed the necessary troubleshooting steps. Have you tried a power cycle on your router? Please perform these steps if you haven't.

Restart the computer, turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back of your router. Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back into the router. Turn on the printer and try to print from your computer.

If this doesn't work, then please try this HP document on: Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

As for the Firmware on your printer, it's always good to keep the printer "up to date". If you haven't updated the firmware I would suggest you perform this step.

Please indicate your troubleshooting steps. If the solutions above don't resolve your issue, then please inform me and I will continue to assist you.

Hello johnp116.

I understand you are experiencing issues with your Laserjet pro CM1415fnw. I need to verify a couple of things. How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

What is your Operating System of your computer? Windows  or MAC.

Do you have any Firewalls or Anti-Virus running on your computer?

I understand you have uninstalled/reinstalled your software because of a "scanner communication" error. Now you are experiencing an error when trying to reinstall this software. Can you please screen shot this error or verify exactly what this error implies?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
johnp116
Message 37 of 144 (3,352 Views)

It's on my network, i am running windows 8.1 i disabled all  Firewalls and Anti-Virus

error.jpg

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 38 of 144 (3,348 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your update.

I am unable to see your screen shot that you provided on this thread. Could you verify exactly what this error message states?

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
johnp116
Message 39 of 144 (3,345 Views)

msiexec command: /i''C:\HP_LaserJetProfeaaional_CM1410_Series\Setup\Core\SIPM_64\HpTcpMon64.msi"/qn

REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Path:<empty>

Return code: 1603

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 40 of 144 (3,342 Views)

Thank you for this information.

Please follow this HP document on Fatal Error 'Error 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation' (MSI) .

This is exactly the issue you have, even though this document only goes up to Windows 7. You can perform the same steps, but you will have to use the start screen instead of the start menu where applicable.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation