Question
Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1
Replies (143)

Honor Student
jcounter
Message 61 of 144 (1,369 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

just found resoltion for scanning.

Windows 8.1 recognizes USB Scanners by default using built-in scanning software.

If networked i found Microsoft store has HP Scan and Capture that recognizes HP Multifunctional Networked devices. Free install/app.

Top Student
davidc56
Message 62 of 144 (1,276 Views)

Afer upgrading to Windows 8.1 from windows 8, my hp laserjet pro 200 m276nw scanner was not found from the traditional windows desktop, however scanning was successful by employing the tiles startsreen scanner icon. This was not an issue until after the update. Reinstalling HP driver and scanner software does not resolve this issue. While this is not a major inconvenience with this work around, it does seem odd that connecting from desktop does not function while from tiles it does. Is there a new driver that will avoid this in the works for a printer just under 1 year old?

Intern
WLCummings1
Message 63 of 144 (1,268 Views)

I am using the Tiles Start Screen and it still says "can't find Scanner"
Top Student
PeterWG
Message 64 of 144 (1,254 Views)

Hello HP
I have 2 PC in the house which I have upgraded to Win 8.1. After the upgrade, I can not print to my HP Officejet Pro 8000 printer. I've tried to completely uninstall all HP prokukter incl. driver, after that I download the latest driver, but it does not help. If I run the HP Solution Center, I can print a test page, but if I print in MS Word, an error message "no printer installed, Word can not print." During printing in Word is that the printer is "ready" and everything looked normal.
I have run the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" and it went OK. However, I can not print a test page from this program. It is only "HP Solution Center" that can print a test page.
We have in house a win. 7 machine that can print without problems.
I have now spent a lot of time on this problem and hope that there may be a solution.
The two machines are a Lenovo U410 and Lenovo G780

Top Student
PeterWG
Message 65 of 144 (1,247 Views)

Hello again
No matter which program I print from example. Adobe or Explore there will be no jobs in the print queue
Top Student
PeterWG
Message 66 of 144 (1,247 Views)

Hello again
No matter which program I print from example. Adobe or Explore there will be no jobs in the print queue

Top Student
Richard09
Message 67 of 144 (1,214 Views)

Ever since we purschased a laptop with Windows 8 (or more recently 8.1) the HP printer (6180 all in one) shows as off line.  I have run the print doctor software.  I have deleted the driver and reinstalled several times.  Once the driver is reinstalled I can print.  When I return to the computer to print again the printer shows as offline.  I reboot the computer and the printer and it is still off line.  I delete the drive and reinstall and I can print again and the cycle starts over.  I have another laptop with Windows 7 and do not have this issue.

Student
Francis88
Message 68 of 144 (1,202 Views)

Tell you all what, the HP feedback center keep telling me the same thing over and over again (uninstall software, reinstall it again...) It's just wating my time and HP is so helpless and lousy in solving all these Windows 8.1 problems...

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 69 of 144 (1,196 Views)

Try going to this link and download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.  This is a new version and can help you with some of the settings in Windows 8/8.1 that can cause the printers to drop off the network.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=mp-126353-1

Let me know if this helps

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Intern
WLCummings1
Message 70 of 144 (1,182 Views)

Well Dot4 - i tried the new Doctor and downloaded the files it suggested and installed new firmware and new drivers and still have the same problem scanning that i have had since installing windows 8.1 - "if scanner is busy wait for other program to end" and "cannot find scanner" Should i call "Doctor Who" Do new printers work with 8.1? another 45 minutes wasted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation