Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi...I bought and installed my deskjet 3520 on my wireless network and 2 laptops about 1 week ago.

Everything was going fine but then one PC started refusing to connect to the network.

Tech support at Belkin took down the entire network and uninstalled everything...then reconfigured a new wireless network. Let's call it Net2.

Both PC's access the web just fine on Net2 but the printer is no longer connecting which makes sense if it still thinks I'm on Net1.

So...the question is..what is the best way to get the 3520 to be accessible on Net2 for BOTH computers.

I didn't want to screw anything up so haven't tried anything myself yet!

I'm reasonably savvy...have the install disc. Operating on Win7 on both PCs. Have wired ethernet connection available and can connect each PC with a USB if needed...but want to actually use both wirelessly.I also have HP print and scan doctor installed from the initial installation process!

Hope that helps and thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No problem! :generic:

I will check back in when you post again.  I wish you the best in getting the printer connected to the new network setup.

If you need further assistance I am more than happy to assist.  Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hey camaraderie,

It sounds like the network defaults need to be restored, then reconnect the printer through USB-to-Wireless.  To do so follow the steps below:

• Scroll down on the front panel of the printer and select Settings to access the Setup Menu
  • Select the Wireless submenu
  • Scroll to the bottom and select "Restore Defaults"
  • Select Yes to restore the network defaults

Once the network defaults are restored, then you will need to connect the printer with a USB cable to one of the computers temporarily.  

• Select Start Menu on the PC
  • Select All Programs
  • Open the HP folder in All Programs directory
  • Open the folder for the Deskjet 3520 inside the HP folder
  • Select "Printer Setup and Software" and a new window will open
  • Select "Convert USB connected printer to Wireless"

Follow the onscreen prompts to connect the printer to the new network, "Net2" as you mentioned.  Once this process is complete the printer will be connected to Net2 for wireless printing, etc.

Let me know how this process goes,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thanks a bunch Jason! Travlling today but will try on Wednesday and post here again with outcome.
HP Recommended

No problem! :generic:

I will check back in when you post again.  I wish you the best in getting the printer connected to the new network setup.

If you need further assistance I am more than happy to assist.  Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi Jason! Problem solved in less than 5 minutes perfectly with your advice. For future users with this problem...note that you should plug in the USB cable between PC and Printer AFTER you do the printer menu reset and before you go into the Start button HP folder steps. I note that once I plugged my USB cable in...the PC installed about 5 different little software patches/apps. Just let that finish before following the rest of the steps and you will be printing again in a minute wirelessly.
Thanks again and KUDOS to Jason.
Cam
HP Recommended

Hey Cam,

I am glad to hear all went well and that you are reconnected to the new network setup.  If you have any further questions or issues in the future do not hesitate participating in the HP Consumer Support Forums again!  I wish you the best in all your future printing needs.

Happy Printing,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

I'm going crazy here (well, the wife said that HP gets no credit for that) AND carefully avoiding the reset to factory defaults.

I'm also not a big fan of user forums.  However, Kudo's to you for helping me complete my relocation.  Now, I can go back and help my wife with the rest of the unpacking.

You got my printer going and saved a marriage.  Good job!

HP Recommended

hi i have changed my wifi server and i need to connect my printer deskjet 3520 to wifi to print how di i do this?!!

HP Recommended

Hi Amy,

On the printer: Settings, Tools, Reset to Factory Default.  This will remove the IP connection from the old Wi-Fi Server.  Then follow the instructions from HP Deskjet 3520 Series,  from the Start Menu.  Just step through the part about setting up the printer and it will walk you through the process of first connecting the printer to a PC for the purpose of establishing a conncection to the new server, then establishing as a wireless printer.

Barry

HP Recommended

Thank you Cam...  

After installing a new gateway I spent over half a day doing Jason's procedure (and many others) without success . It really is all in the order in which they are done  as you pointed out.  It is worth repeating.

1  reset defaults 

2  connect printer to PC with USB cable and wait for the 5  patches to get green ticks  

3  exceute the HP "Printer Setup and Software" , convert USB to wireless and follow the the instructions 

all previous attempts resulted in  "printer has failed to join the wireless network" despite that during the process it found both the ssid and password for the new gateway.

Robot 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.