HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-16-2012 07:52 PM
hi there tj16,
sorry to hear you are having troubles, could you provide us with a little more information? Things like your printer model and operating system help narrow down troubleshooting a lot.
04-28-2012 12:22 PM
We used to have no trouble printing from email and the net. Now we get the following message every time
Error class doesn't support automation
Can You help me? It is a HP Officejet J4580 All-In-One
05-02-2012 12:06 PM
Which OS(windows, Mac etc.) are you using? Which internet browser are you using when this error pops up?
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
06-15-2012 07:07 PM - edited 06-15-2012 07:18 PM
The issue is caused when Windows creates the printer profile in the control panel that it doesn't correctly create it with the drivers.
We're not going to completely uninstall all the HP software, instead we're going to remove the corrupt Windows printer profile and reinstall it. Total time for this on an average computer is about 5-10 minutes to completely repair (including reboot).
1) Navigate to Start Menu > Devices and Printers or Start Menu > Control Panel > Printers
2) Select each printer profile for the printer with an issue, then select remove device/printer.
4) Navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > HP > insert model # here > Add Printer (or Setup Wizard)
5) Follow the setup prompts to reinstall the printer profile and it recreates the Windows printer.
6) Run the HP Update Tool from Start Menu > All Programs > HP if your printer installs it, rebooting afterwards if necessary.
7) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out).
Let me know if you have any questions or issues.
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****