Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much - that has sorted out my printing problem.

HP Recommended

Help please! I have completed the printing of the HP Network Configuration Page but there is not IP address on it or Gateway, etc. Also, I am not using a router. I just have my printer plugged in to the wall and then a USB into my computer. Thanks!

HP Recommended

My printer is offline and I don't know how to get it back on.. I have a MAC OS 10.6

HP Recommended

I have an HP 1217 laser jet printer connected wirelessly.  When I first got it, it worked great.  I then got an IPAD and it would NOT connect via airprint until I upgraded the software.  Then It would NOT say connected.  HP techs tried everything and still it would NOT stay connected.  I followed your resolution-and changed to IP setting to MANUAL.  GREAT!!  It worked just fine for 3 days.  Each night I turned the printer off and turned it "on" in the morning.  On the 4th day after an hour it disconnected.  I turned the printer off then back on a couple times and it LOCKED on!!  No problems the rest of the day.  This continued for a week or so.  NOW the printer stays connected for only an hour or two then disconnects no matted how many times I turn it off/on.  I'm fluctuated, as you know this is NOT a cheap printer.  HP in effect says sorry!  Any suggestions?

Thanks!!  Grandpav

HP Recommended

I'm in a similar situation.  My HP Officejet 7410 suddenly won't print.  I followed the directions to get the IP address and guess what?  It doesn't have one!  0.0.0.0  I printed the Network Configuration page.  It just doesn't have an IP address.  

I am on a Mac Book with OS 10.6.8  We normally use this printer wirelessly with our airport, but I tried to just plug directly into my computer.  Still offline.

Can anyone help me?

HP Recommended

Hi PrintDoc and Others

I'm trying to do this but have a few questions.

I'm using an HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One - C311a and my access to settings is a bit different.  I am also using an Airport Extreme with Time Capsule.  Questions are

1) In the HP online setup when I pick Manual IP I can pick "Suggest a New IP address".  Is this okay?

2) If so, they suggest a Manual IP Address ending in 235, which seems to be okay from what I've read on this post.

3) They show a Manual Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0, which again seems to be okay from what I've read on this post.

Here's where I get confused.

4) The post says to use your routers's IP for the Default Gateway and First DNS.  The router IP is supposed to end in .1.  HOWEVER, when I go to my Airport Utility, Airport Tab, it shows an IP Adress that ends in .101 (this also seems to be my Time Capsule IP Address)..  Is this okay? Again, HOWEVER, when I go to the Internet Tab, it shows an IP Address that is is totally different (ends in .254) with a DSN Server  that ends in .2.  This is the IP Address for my Linksys RV042, which is in front of my Aiport Extreme with Time Capsule.  The Airpot Extreme is running in bridge mode so as not to intefere with my Linksys RVO42.

5. Why use 2 routers?  Well, I probably don't have to but the Linksys RV042 is set up for my PC based offsite VPN server and I was trying to run a separate network for my Apple machines.

6) Under Wi-Fi, TCP/IP the Router IP is the IP for the PC Linksys setup.  Does this need to be changed and, if so, to what and how?

7. Originally I didn't setup the PC system.  I did set up the Apple setup and have been having the printer offline problem since day 1.  This is driving me nuts.

This is a lot of information but I'm just trying to be complete as possible to make it easier for you to give me the correct answers.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Griswald1952

Can you tell me the correct settings for the

HP Recommended

Many thanks for adding sanity to an often occuring problem.  I hate reading the brilliant solutions of turn it off, wait, and the dreaded right click on printer and select something that isn't there.  I have 2 networks, one with a router (Linksys) via which the printer will print (often), but even though it detects my new D-Link network, I cannot seem to print from any of the computers via it.  

The other problem I have is that I can only scan to a local memory device ... not to a computer directly.  I open the woderfully incorrectly monikered "HP Solution Center" and it informs me "NO HP DEVICES HAVE BEEN DETECTED; HP SOLUTION CENTER WILL CLOSE NOW".  I wonder why the software doesn't wonder why I tried to launch it.  

Thanks again for solving teh immediate problem.  

Graham 

PS I don't want 2 networks but I'm trying to migrate away from the Linksys to avoid its conflicts with the ADSL modem ... both assign addresses (I am told), but had to reconnect it. And Windows 7 has my computers on different networks.    

PPS I hope you are as good a medic as problem solver.  

HP Recommended

I seem to have finally found a stable configuration for our HP Photosmart Wireless B109n. I'd been running it attached to a seperate access point (actually an old Billion router) for a while with some success, and as a rationalisation I removed the AP and used our router's wireless facility. This was a disaster, the printer went offline within minutes of switch on (unnoticed as it was being used via USB at the time) but unknown to me our internet access was also dropping. After several days correspondance with our ISP I found that the problem was on our side.

To cut a long story short I've now added a BT Homehub with its DHCP service disabled, acting as access point. The printer has remained connected to this for at least two weeks continuous. It is obtaining its address via DHCP, but the router is configured to give it a fixed IP, so its IP never moves.

6 Feb Still online...

HP Recommended

How do I get my pdf printer back on line?  It used to work perfectly and now will not print a file to a pdf.

HP Recommended

I just moved to another state and now my  HP officejet 4500 printer will not print.  It is offline.  I am running a mac 10.6.8.  Any help with this situation would be grateful!  Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.