Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone!  I am SO SORRY that I haven't replied to anybody's questions.  I had selected the option "Email me when someone replies" but HP did not notify me so I didn't know.  I have left several peeps with unanswered questions but I am here to help anyone who is still having problems with this.  I can't tell you how many hours and DAYS I spent working on this problem so I know how frustrating it can be.  Please let me know if you are still needing answers to your questions!  "PrintDoc"...thank you for answering that one question since I never knew it was posted!  🙂 

HP Recommended

Just answered my own question (see question below)....when setting the IP address of my printer manually I forgot to also manually setup the printer through the printer's web interface to see my router...aka the primary DNS address...learn from me people, leaving this blank won't allow you to setup "eprint" with your HP printer.

Thanks for the fix of setting up the IP of the printer out of the DHCP range of the router...it seems to have done the trick. However, I now seem to have lost the ability to "eprint"....when I hit the eprint button on the printer (Photosmart c410) and then select "enable web services", I keep getting an error message stating:

SERVER CONNECTION ERROR

There was a problem connecting to the server.

I'm now wondering if this is related to changing the printer's IP address out of range of my router (DLINK -  DIR-615).

...or is the HP eprint web server actually down currently???

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

HP Recommended

Medic1, you are a genius and missed your calling. After fighting this problem for 20 days, I tried your solution and it has been working for three days straight.

When I changed the IP address, the problem went from many times a day to once every two days. When I change the printer port, the problem went away. I must conclude that both changes were needed.

Fyi, I talked with HP tech support (sounded like their Indian branch) and the rep told me the printer problem could not be fixed because my printer, a Photosmart Premium Model C130 did not have the ability to turn off the sleep feature. He suggested that I return the printer for another model that does. Is that crazy or not?

I did find a reference in a troubleshooting program from HP that referenced this IP problems and the possible solution, but it was not very helpful.

Anyway, I just want to thank you and Printdoc so much for your help.

Mr.. Canada 1968, this did not affect my eprint capability.

HP Recommended

Thanks. This is the same thing I did but before I read your post. It took me all yesterday to figure this out with some help from HP support. I salute you for your fine effort, solution and write-up.

HP Recommended

OK, here's an update. After three days, the printer hung up again.  Interesting enough, I got a call from HP technical support.  They showed me a way to disable the sleep mode entirely.  (You use a hidden menu).  Since I disabled sleep mode, the printer has only hung up once in three days.  i am hopeful the problem is fixed.

HP Recommended

Care to share how you got this to be disabled?  I have been pulling my hair our over my C310 loosing connectivity and then was told in Live chat that the way to keep this from happening is to enable demo or plug it directly into the wall.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this info. This is the problem we have been having. I have a MAC. I followed our instructions and found out where my addresses were and how to bring up my utility page so that I could change things, but you said, "Note: If you manually set the printer's IP, make sure that it is outside of your router's DHCP range. Otherwise you may run into an issue with duplicate IP's on your network. (If you don’t know how to do this, write back and I will explain)." 

So, I am contacting you so you can explain how to put the printer's IP address outside the DHCP range. Thank you sooooo much for this info that you shared instead of just keeping it to yourself.

Grace

HP Recommended

Here is how to set a static IP address outside DHCP for your printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). You can reduce the DHCP range of the router if needed using its internal settings page.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (ends with .1) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I haven't tried your solution yet, but I wonder if it holds true for my problem with my Photosmart All in One? The only slight difference I have from your problem is that the documents never print out at all. Not even sporadically, which tells me that maybe the network is not cycling through IP addresses as you said. I'm just wondering here. I'm so sick of this problem that I'm sorry I bought this printer. It such a waste of time.

HP Recommended

I tried what you said and put the settings in manually, and then I got a dialog box that said.

"Print file accepted - job ID 642 

Network host '(printer's IP address)' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds"

And if never is unbusy and none of the 4 computers in this house are printing. First it did it on my mother's and then it did it on mine. 

Any more suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.