07-01-2012 11:22 AM
I can print to my HP wirelessly from various PCs. When I try to scan to computer, it doesn't recognize my main PC. I don't know how to set it up to recognize my PC. Does it need the IP address? What? How do I do it? Thanks.
07-02-2012 11:43 AM
It appears that the Scan to PC feature needs to be activated.
Click on Scanning from the Printer to the Computer, a site managed by HP, and it should provide the necessary steps to get you going with scanning to your PC.
This is setup in such a way to control what computers can be scanned to to pevent person A from accidentally scanning to Person B's computer (Person B seeing their folders filling up unknowingly).
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network