12-12-2013 02:00 PM
Long story short i have 64 bit UPD PCL version 5.4 pointing to a model Laserjet 400 MFP M425dn. Printer has 3 trays. Server does not see tray 3. I can manually add it. And come back the next day and it is gone and i have to manually add it again. I try running Autoconfiguration and that procedure runs flawlessly but it does not add tray 3.
I tired disabling Bidirectional communication thinking it would allow me to manually setting tray 3 and it would just stay there. That did not work.
Emailing HP support they tell me to try UPD PS instead of PCL.
And the issue is not with just 1 M425 but i have at least 3 that i know of and i'm guessing all of them. And firmware is all current.
12-17-2013 09:02 PM
As suggested you can try UPD PS with Bidirectional enabled . Also while installing you will get an option "query the printer" , please check mark it .
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection