12-12-2013 02:00 PM
Long story short i have 64 bit UPD PCL version 5.4 pointing to a model Laserjet 400 MFP M425dn. Printer has 3 trays. Server does not see tray 3. I can manually add it. And come back the next day and it is gone and i have to manually add it again. I try running Autoconfiguration and that procedure runs flawlessly but it does not add tray 3.
I tired disabling Bidirectional communication thinking it would allow me to manually setting tray 3 and it would just stay there. That did not work.
Emailing HP support they tell me to try UPD PS instead of PCL.
And the issue is not with just 1 M425 but i have at least 3 that i know of and i'm guessing all of them. And firmware is all current.
12-17-2013 09:02 PM
As suggested you can try UPD PS with Bidirectional enabled . Also while installing you will get an option "query the printer" , please check mark it .
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network