Student
compulimited
Message 1 of 2 (4,567 Views)

Setting up CM1312nfi MFP on a Wireless Network

I'm trying to set up a CM1312nfi MFP on a wireless network using the following:

1) Linksys WRT160N WIreless Router

2) Dlink DPR1260 Wireless Print Server

3) HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP

4) PC running Windows 7 (on a workgroup)

5) PC x 3 running Windows XP SP3 (on the same workgroup)

The MFP printer was attached via usb to one of the pc running windows xp sp3 and the software installed and all the functions worked ok for that pc. The printer's usb cable was removed from the pc and attached to the wireless print server and used the print wizard (web address http://dlink-xxxxxx) for the wireless print server to setup the scan, fax and printer but only the printer worked ok for all machines.

Could not get all the functions to work over the wireless network so I reatttached the usb from the MFP to the pc and tried setting up the other machnes (they are on a workgroup) using the add printer to a network option in windows but only the printing option works on the other machines not directly attached to the printer (the pc that is attached directly to the printer all the functions work).

Questions:

1) How do I attach the HP CM1312nfi MFP to a wireless network (which has 4 machines on a workgroup) and use all the functions of the MFP.

2) How do I correctly setup all the functions on the other machines when the MFP is attached directly to a pc (not the way I want it but just for knowledge).

Thanks.

Student
daniel3008
Message 2 of 2 (3,729 Views)

Re: Setting up CM1312nfi MFP on a Wireless Network

hi, did u got a answer???? if yes, please share with me(us) ur knowledge!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation