03-31-2014 11:05 AM
What is galling here: I was able to connect to web services before the update earlier this month. I don't have any other issues with other devices.
There's a firmware update dated before the March event on the support web page. But when I try to install it I hpcommunicator crashes in the httphandler.dll. I tried using a usb connection - same issue. i would expect this crash is related to a conflict on my laptop, but I'm still in the same spot: I have much less than I paid for since the update. And, of course, it's out of warranty. At this point, this is my last hp printer.
04-02-2014 09:33 AM
Let's reset the printer back to factory:
1. Setup > Tools > Restore Factory Defaults.
2. You may have to re-connect the printer to your wireless network (Setup > Wireless > Wireless Setup Wizard).
3. You also may have to re-enable Web Services.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
04-03-2014 06:16 AM
The printer seemed to reset (affirmative message after resetting.). The wireless settings persisted, and I didn't have to reconnect. But attempting to initialize web services resulted in the same not connected to the internet message.
In a few weeks I will be switching to a new internet provider. Don't know if this will make things better or worse.
04-04-2014 08:22 PM
my 7520 seems to download the recent update but then I get the message "Updating.....Do not power off the printer." and it is frozen. I have tried restoring it to factory defaults and restarting the router, I re-installed all of the original software and nothing works. The powerbutton won't shut it off so I have to unplug it and then when i plug it back in the whole problem starts all over again.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection