Since auto update 7520 cannot start web services (299 Views)
Top Student
RGReinhart
Message 11 of 14 (129 Views)

Re: Since auto update 7520 cannot start web services

Tried this over the weekend. No change.

What is galling here: I was able to connect to web services before the update earlier this month. I don't have any other issues with other devices.

There's a firmware update dated before the March event on the support web page. But when I try to install it I hpcommunicator crashes in the httphandler.dll. I tried using a usb connection - same issue. i would expect this crash is related to a conflict on my laptop, but I'm still in the same spot: I have much less than I paid for since the update. And, of course, it's out of warranty. At this point, this is my last hp printer.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 12 of 14 (114 Views)

Let's reset the printer back to factory:

1. Setup > Tools > Restore Factory Defaults.

2. You may have to re-connect the printer to your wireless network (Setup > Wireless > Wireless Setup Wizard).

3. You also may have to re-enable Web Services.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
RGReinhart
Message 13 of 14 (103 Views)

It was worth trying.

The printer seemed to reset (affirmative message after resetting.). The wireless settings persisted, and I didn't have to reconnect. But attempting to initialize web services resulted in the same not connected to the internet message.

In a few weeks I will be switching to a new internet provider. Don't know if this will make things better or worse.
Honor Student
bjg1
Message 14 of 14 (90 Views)

my 7520 seems to download the recent update but then I get the message "Updating.....Do not power off the printer." and it is frozen. I have tried restoring it to factory defaults and restarting the router, I re-installed all of the original software  and nothing works.  The powerbutton won't shut it off so I have to unplug it and then when i plug it back in the whole problem starts all over again.

Please Help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation