Spooled document stuck in print que on HP Photosmart Prem-Web C309n-s (1723 Views)
Honor Student
KCMo
Message 1 of 5 (1,723 Views)

Spooled document stuck in print que on HP Photosmart Prem-Web C309n-s

A spooled document wouldn't print, so I canceled it.  It now is stuck in the printer. 

I tried turning off the printer for 10 minutes to clear the que....no go.  I tried rebooting the computer....no results there either.  Made sure there were no updates to the driver that hadn't been installed...all was up to date. 

I'm using Windows 7 Pro.  This is a wireless printer.

Nothing else will print as long as this is stuck in the printer spool que. 

Is there a way to access the spooling que to directly delete this document?

Thanks!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (1,682 Views)

Re: Spooled document stuck in print que on HP Photosmart Prem-Web LaserJet 4250dtn LaserJet 4250d

Please turn your printer off and reboot your PC while the printer is still off.

Now cancel the print jobs, it should be removed.

Turn your printer back on and try printing.

For any case you cannot remove it, type the dollowing commands from the Run dialog:

(Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run)

1. Run > net stop spooler

then click OK

2. Run > spool

Open the Printer folder and removeany file under that folder

3. Run > net start spooler

Now try printing.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
KCMo
Message 3 of 5 (1,681 Views)

Re: Spooled document stuck in print que on HP Photosmart Prem-Web LaserJet 4250dtn LaserJet 4250d

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for the response.  However, I couldn't wait, so followed the advice to uninstall and reinstall the software.  It's working so far (fingers crossed).  I am keeping your answer, though, as this has happened before with this printer -- this time, I just couldn't get it fixed.

Since you work for HP, maybe you could pass along that for the money, this is the absolute worst printer I've ever dealt with.  I love HP products, and that's all I usually purchase.  This printer is noisy, takes forever to print a document, frequently does not print documents sent to it, and regulary decides not to print the first document of the day (maybe it hasn't had its coffee yet?).  A few other things:  can't see when paper is low, so it runs out, then it loses the print job it was on and it has to be resent.  It waits until a job is in progress before it alerts you that it wants more ink rather than giving an online notice that ink is low (like my Epson does). Oh, and it frequently decides to quit printing half-way down a page.  This is especially true when I'm trying to print special documents on photo paper, despite having set the proper paper type and thickness, etc.

So thanks for the answer and for listening to me gripe! 

Student
hcasano
Message 4 of 5 (1,628 Views)

Your answer didn't work.  

Student
SHAUROBU
Message 5 of 5 (1,533 Views)

You Rock!!! Spanx it worked!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation