Question

Honor Student
cornmaven
Message 1 of 3 (1,337 Views)

TWAIN Software for Officejet Pro 8600

I just installed this printer, wirelessly, but cannot do my online banking because the TWAIN software will not activate.  Tried to do a phone call support with HP, but the guy just messed my computer up.  So now it's back working and I would like to know what I can do to get this to work.  The USB cord to do a hardwire to the computer is too short, so I have to figure out a way to do this wirelessly.  Had a 6500 that worked just fine, but it fried in a lightning storm and that is why I have this new printer.

Using Windows 7.

Is there some setting that I have to change to get this to work?  I can get to the part in the bank website where it says to click Scan, but then the screen just resets to the "place your check on the scanner" part.  The bank says some printers won't do this wirelessly, but this printer is even more advanced than the 6500, so I can't imagine why it won't work.

HELP!!  I would say I am mid-level for computer use and knowledge. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (1,334 Views)

Re: TWAIN Software for Officejet Pro 8600

Hi,

Hope this helps:

http://www.pchelpsoft.com/hh-online/p/Twain/USB/scanner/?gclid=CMzElMff6rAC**bleep**DpAodDUeJxA

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
cornmaven
Message 3 of 3 (1,328 Views)

Re: TWAIN Software for Officejet Pro 8600

I don't know - should I download something from a company I don't know anything about?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation