The printer prints the fonts too small when I try to print a page off the Internet. (11108 Views)
Honor Student
GrandmaBohne
Message 1 of 19 (11,108 Views)
Accepted Solution

The printer prints the fonts too small when I try to print a page off the Internet.

My new printer is the Photosmart D110a. It is printing documents from Microsoft word but when I try to print a document from an Internet site, the font is so small I cannot read it. How can I adjust the printer settings so the font size is a 12? I  do not think I have the wireless stuff set up correctly but I don't need to do any cloud printing or things like that. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 19 (11,096 Views)

Re: The printer prints the fonts too small when I try to print a page off the Internet.

What operating system?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
GrandmaBohne
Message 3 of 19 (11,093 Views)

Re: The printer prints the fonts too small when I try to print a page off the Internet.

Thanks for responding to my problem. I am using the new Miscrosoft Windows 7, at least I think that's it. I bought the computer last September.  Obviously, I am not very comute litterate but I seem to manage OK.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 19 (11,088 Views)

OK, well, when you print, use File > Print or Control-P on the resulting window click on Preferences, then on the Effects tab.  See if you are printing in Acutal Size, like this: 

Screen Shot.jpg

I am employed by HP
Top Student
imeduc
Message 5 of 19 (6,997 Views)

The page that comes up for print preferences is not the same as you showed. if i call for a print off the web it comes out so small under a 1/16 per letter????? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 19 (6,987 Views)

Did you look at the "Effects" tab as shown above?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
imeduc
Message 7 of 19 (6,981 Views)

Been there done that . There is no effects tab on my print preferences

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 19 (6,959 Views)

OK, when you start a print job in your browser (using File > Print or cntl-P, not with a print icon), on the resulting page there should be a setting for the page scaling.  Set it to "fit to page" or equivalent.

It would be helpful to know what browser and what version of Windowz.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
imeduc
Message 9 of 19 (6,955 Views)

I did your  scale to size      same thing   Still to small???    gave you a star but it  didnt show??

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 19 (6,903 Views)

OK, can you enter a percentage scale (like 150%)?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation