Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  My printer preferences don't show an "effects" tab, either, and using the page percentage increaser makes the fonts bigger on my computer screen but not on the printed page.    I need a magnifying glass to read what I've printed!!!   Using a new Windows 7 program; IE 10; my printer is an HP3000.

HP Recommended

You may want to try these updated PCL drivers... 

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=500084&spf_p....

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I finally figured out why my HP officejet model 4500 was printing tiny letters when I downloaded email and tried to print them.

This is the solution: Must go to Internet Explorer. Click  on Print. Then click on Page setup.      A window will appear. Look for a box that reads Enable Shrink-To-Fit. Uncheck that box. Click OK. Now you can print normal size letters.

HP Recommended

I am no IT  but have been on PC for a log time. Did not find the page you said to check on  My printer is not that one its a  

It a C5180

HP Recommended

Hi imeduc

The method previously posted will work for any printer.

Open Internet Explorer web browser. If you don't have the file option at the top of the browser then right click your mouse near the top of the window and click menu bar. Click file, print and it will show your printer name, uncheck Enable Shrink-To-Fit, ok.

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Did you ever get help?

HP Recommended

No.  The option described above (uncheck shrink-to-fit) isn't even an option on the printer preferences.  I am so sorry I ever bought this printer.

HP Recommended

my printer still does the same thing

HP Recommended

Actually, I did this. I have HP 2540 Deskjet All In One, Windows 7.

File, Page Setup, Unclick Enable Shrink to Fit, ok.

Hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

When printing off the screen the print text changes so small it connot be read.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.