Question

Honor Student
sbrock
Message 1 of 4 (3,311 Views)

Trouble with wireless set up on my HP Photosmart Plus B209

I am trying to set up my HP Photosmart Plus B209 printer so that it can be used wirelessly. When I type in my network information, I keep getting this error message:

"Your wireless router requires a WPA security passphrase. The passphrase configured on your printer does not match exactly. Reconfigure your wirelss network WPA security passphrase for your printer."

I am using a Cisco E1000 router and to my knowledge my passphrase is a WPA encryption.

Thanks,

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (3,275 Views)

Re: Trouble with wireless set up on my HP Photosmart Plus B209

Run the HP Network Utility on one of your PCs connected to the router to see if you can get the password it is using:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-88884-1

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
sbrock
Message 3 of 4 (3,269 Views)

I tried the HP network utility. My printer was not found on my network. For wireless setup, it tells me I need to run a setup wizard and enter the SSID and security type, but when I try to put the SSID and security key on the the printer wireless setup  I get the message in my original post. I have also tried connecting the printer using WPS, and i get a different error message that says

"MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router.I must add the MAC address of the printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing."

I do not know much about wireless routers to be able to alter info in the advanced settings.

Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (3,252 Views)

In the Network Utility did you check under Show Advanced Tools screen for the option 'Retrieve WPA/WEP Key'? Is this the passphrase you are entering for the printer setup?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation