Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am unable to configure a LaserJet CP1525nw to a wireless network configured with WPA2-Personal, and a non-broadcast SSID.

The only controls I can find on the front panel allow me to turn on the wireless and turn on WPS(?), which is not available on this network.

The instructions say to load HP ToolboxFX on the computer, then connect with a USB cable and configure it that way.  This does allow me to examine the network settings, but not the wireless network.

How do I configure this system for a secure wireless connection in infrastructure mode?  Thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Make it easy on yourself and broadcast the SSID.  It is not a security measure, anyway since freeware can detect the SSID regardless if it is broadcast or not.

You will continue to have problems/roadblocks installing the printer until you broadcast the SSID.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Did you ever get an answer to this problem?  I just purchased the same printer and wireless setup is a nightmare.  Best I can figure at this point is that HP expects you to change the SSIS on the cable router to match their preloaded printer SSID.

HP Recommended

No, HP does not expect you to change your SSID.  HP expects your SSID to be broadcast.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I don't understand the answer you provided.... My SSID is broadcasting... It is SKY9056....  In fact, it is right in the next room and the printer should be picking it up....   However, when you set the wireless printer up, it asks you to "push the WPS button on the router.. ".... Where is the "WPS button" on an Apple router? If you could let me know, I would appreciate it...

HP Recommended

There is no WPS button on an Apple router.  There are other ways of connecting it, however.

What operating system?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I am running Mac OS 10... Lion....

HP Recommended

OK, download and install this:  HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

It will ask you the installation type - choose wireless, of course.  You will have to temporarily use a USB cable between your Mac and your printer so that the Mac can communicate the network configuration to the printer.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have a HP1525nw that I am trying to connect to my wireless network. I have a Meru AP and no router. The bluetooth is just flashing continuously.

HP Recommended

If you only have an AP, is there DHCP active on the network somewhere?  The printer will not connect without DHCP active.

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.