09-01-2012 12:18 AM
1. HP Officejet 6600
2. Windows 7
3. Cannot find printer on wireless network *name*
4. Just installed the printer software from HP website.
I got the HP Officejet 6600 and successfully connected it to the network at home. I managed to connect the home desktop (Windows 7), a laptop (Windows 7) and a Macbook Pro. These are all the personal ones.
However, when I tried to install the the HP Officejet 6600 on the work laptop, the installation wasn't able to find the printer on the home network when doing it wirelessly. I managed to install it the USB cable but that was about it.
Also, when trying to install it wirelessly, it found our home network, couldn't find the printer so it prompted me to type in the IP address for the printer, which I did, however, it still wasn't able to find it. The work laptop is connected to the home wireless in the network connections and the American Express server.
Is there a way to get around this issue so I can connect the laptop to the printer wirelessly as it would make life a LOT easier. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
10-23-2012 01:52 PM
Yesterday I purchased an HP Officejet 6600 printer, and I also have the same problem. Perhaps a techie from HP should reply and help us out.
11-13-2012 07:31 PM
What operating system are you using? Are you connecting to a VPN with this machine like mrbrightside has mentioned? Are you getting any errors etc when trying to install?
11-19-2012 07:06 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. I have just bought a new Acer windows 7 laptop. I ended up buying a mini router that solved the problem in the end. When I bought the new printer, the staff could not believe that I used to print wirelessly without the benefit of a router and no problem either. Just goes to show. I wonder why I couldn't set up the new Hp officejet to do the same?
11-20-2012 04:04 PM
It is difficult to say without troubleshooting. I am glad to hear you are back up and running! Let us know if you have any other problems .
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network