Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am sure you are trying to install the correct driver, but just in case, here is the link.  Uninstall from your add/remove programs, reboot PC, then try a USB installation instead. After it installs, then go to All Programs>HP folder>>Officejet 8600>>Add a printer from these options to install the ethernet option. 

I hope this helps.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

WHY on EARTH did we buy yet ANOTHER HP printer...I'm having the same crazy problems just about as others and to no avail can I find a fix....EVEN after trying to download hp's so called fix.....

ON the PRINTER ITSELF...it SHOWS I am connected wirelessly wilth a good signal strength (blue bars) etc. YET when I click on scan it starts trying to connet to the computer??? .it said I was ALREADY connected..haha..THEN....it says "scan unsuccessful..an error blah blah please make sure your computer is connected blah blah"...ok so THEN I try scanning FROM the icon on my desktop computer...I click that and what does it do? IT TRYS to connect to the computer again..and again is unsuccessful...YET the printer hardware shows I am connected...

I needed an important doc scanned today so after trying all hp's recommended fixes and their hppsdr download, and even a microsoft fixit dowload...I see a link to scan to the web..web scan..ok I did that and yes it did scan...but then when I try to right click on the document to save the image..it says ZERO...nothing...so I still do not get my important document. 

.oh and also trying to connect and allowing hp to search for a solution and submitting an error report is JUST as frustrating..did it dozens of times...then you can't even exit out of that easily..

IN case anyone might be interested...this printer is the photosmart 5512 wireless printer!

and one last thing..I even tried uninstalling it all and reinstalling, updating etc etc etc..nothing works..

HP Recommended

I'll do my best to help you if you would like. What is the exact error message you are getting?  What is the operating system of the PC you are using (Windows 7 64-bit,  Windows 8 32-bit, etc)?

Sounds like you have been through a lot so just let me know if you are willing to give it a few more tries.

HP Recommended

@VisionAiry wrote:

I'll do my best to help you if you would like. What is the exact error message you are getting?  What is the operating system of the PC you are using (Windows 7 64-bit,  Windows 8 32-bit, etc)?

Sounds like you have been through a lot so just let me know if you are willing to give it a few more tries.

I too have tried everything listed above. Including 2 very long phone calls to HP Tech Support. I have a Win7 (Ultimate) 64 bit system, and I'm trying to install an Envy 5530 (All-in-one). My wife can print (wirelessly), my iPad can print  (wirelessly), and my computer CAN see the printer, I just can't install the drivers or print. I am the Admin of this computer. I have disabled my FW and VP. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I can connect and print via my web browser. I do have the latest drivers and have run HP Dr. & Install Wizard. I cannot run the Windows Update (Hewlett-Packard  - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 5530 series) I get the error Code: 800F020B 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help.

HP Recommended

First delete everything the printer has half-way installed perhaps (just in case there is any), create a new user with admin rights and try installing the HP Envy Full Feature software but do a custom install. Don't install anything you wouldn't get like Product Participation Guide, HP Updates, etc and I do not know what comes in this software but you will likely need HP Product Assistant or OCR if those are options.

Another way: When you extract, save the downloaded files to your Desktop or Driver folder in the C: drive and from the Devices and Printer's folder, select Add a Printer at the Top and choose the option that says "Have Disk" then browse to that folder to install it that way as well.

I hope one of those ways work. I posted the easiest one first.

HP Recommended

so I was very upset I couldn't get my HP printer to scan...and wrote about it here in the forums..I went a little over board because I lost my patience totally at the time due to the fact I required a very important document to be scanned at that time. 

I am back to say , my problem somehow resolved itself. I at first was unable to run the hp dr and then after several attempts, it finally ran and finally fixed the problem, or so I think.

I don't know for sure,..all I do know is that it started working that day or night I posted..I should have come back to retract my statement, but I'm not because if it should happen again, I will refer to it and probably be just as upset. 

I'm not thanking hp or giving kudos though because no one here really helped me..I researched for hours that day myself...I fixed it myself..not you guys, and it wasted my whole day AND I never was able to scan the document I needed in time..I had to deliver it by hand to someone...but yeah it's nice you do try to help with responses or ideas. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply VisionAiry.

...still NO luck for me though!

I deleted (uninstalled) everything HP. I created a new User with full Admin rights. I switched to that User, I downloaded (for what must be the 10th time) the full feature software suite (for HP Envy 5530), I did a custom install, still no luck. I booted into Safe Mode (w/ networking) and tried the steps above all over again.

Each time... I could see the printer on the network, but when I selected it and hit "Next, the next screen would start to install the printer and fail with this message; "Unsuccessful Network Installation. The printer was unable to be installed over the network."  And there would be a red "X" between the computer/router and the printer.

Then (as you suggested) I extracted the downloaded install (.exe) file to my desktop, and tried to "Add a Printer" pointing to the four .inf files (one at a time) but kept getting the following error message; "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000001)."

If I connect the USB cable, The 'Driver Software Installation' dialog box would pop up, and all components(?) would install and be "Ready for use" ...EXCEPT... The 'HPENVY 5530 series' file or component or whatever.

And the HP ENVY 5530 series  USB installation window would give the error; "Printer Connection Unsuccessful. The printer was not able to connect successfully over the USB cable. Please check the cable connections and then click Retry to try again."

It seems to me, that I just can't get the (latest/greatest) drivers to install properly ...or at all.

Also per someone else's advice I have also run "CCleaner Pro" v. 04.09 (64bit) ...repeatedly!

Have you (or anyone else) got any more tricks up their sleeve???

HP Recommended

I spent many hours trying to solve theseailed install problems. The situation is similar on both Vista and Windows 7. The work around (that is highly unsatisfactory) is to do a clean install the OS and install the HP software first.

Once there are significant changes to the driver base from other installed devices or a failed HP install or previous HP installs then problems are likely to occur. There is also a problem if the port (printer) already exists (see http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/LaserJet-M2727-Network-Installation-Failed...).

To be honest having started doing some debugging there were so many errors that it was unreasonable to continue to isolate all of them... HP really need to spend more time on error trapping and more useful error handling messages.

Windows has known frailties with its driver database system and in particular composite devices. HP will only install in a perfect world situation, insufficient care has been taken to write robust driver install code.

HP Recommended

I spent a whole day, all day trying to resolve my issue...what finally worked for me was uninstalling everything having to do with hp....I was worried because my disc drive doesn't work and I was unsure I'd be able to find the software to reinstall it all, but it was available. I too ran the ccleaner and other cleaners..I did all the maintenance I could...I even cleaned up my registry files of left over files. It wasn't until I removed every bit of it, and reinstalled it and then used hp dr that it finally worked again. 

I don't understand why so many have this problem with this brand..and my kids have other brands and never have issues. I think the worse part of the whole episode was the fact that the printer itself, showed I was connected with the strong signal, yet the error of not being connected wirelessly etc. popped up each time I tried to use it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much CaptFantastic!  Still NO luck  ...but, I feel like I'm close! I followed the link re: the “port (printers) already existing”... and deleted all old ports and printers. I re-UN-installed all things HP & I tried a clean install. But still… No Joy!
My wife has the 32 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate …and can print just fine. I checked her port settings, and instead of the printer name or an IP address it was the printer’s serial number plus a few other (alpha/numeric) digits. I tried to copy/edit her port settings to see if I could recreate it, but got an error message (I didn’t write it down, but it was similar to 0x00000001) I will check again when she’s not using it.

Anyway, I feel that deleting these (old/unused) ports was a step in the right direction. Now I just have to figure out the best way to install the printer drivers on my 64 bit system.

Should I try installing from a ‘Safe Boot’?

Should I try installing from my alt Admin account?

Should I try installing from the “Add Printer” function? (and point to the unzipped exe driver files?)

Or Should I try installing from the downloaded exe file?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.