Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@arrethusa wrote:

I spent a whole day, all day trying to resolve my issue...what finally worked for me was uninstalling everything having to do with hp....I was worried because my disc drive doesn't work and I was unsure I'd be able to find the software to reinstall it all, but it was available. I too ran the ccleaner and other cleaners..I did all the maintenance I could...I even cleaned up my registry files of left over files. It wasn't until I removed every bit of it, and reinstalled it and then used hp dr that it finally worked again. 

I don't understand why so many have this problem with this brand..and my kids have other brands and never have issues. I think the worse part of the whole episode was the fact that the printer itself, showed I was connected with the strong signal, yet the error of not being connected wirelessly etc. popped up each time I tried to use it. 

Thank you too arrethusa! I’ve uninstalled everything having to do with HP, run and re-run CCleaner, and run and re-run HP Dr.,  But still no luck! L

The only thing I haven’t done is touch the registry. I don’t want to touch this w/o specific instructions.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem. I am unable to connect my Deskjet Ink Advantage 4515 e-AIO Printer through wifi, to my HP 630 notebook PC (OS running-Windows 8.1 x64). But I a able to connect it through USB!  The printer is showing full wifi signal and is connected succesfuly (not blinking wifi light). But I am able to connect it easily through my other laptop, Dell Inspiron 1440. Also, Windows is also able to connect through the Add A Printer wizard in windows Devices And Printers; Only the HP software isnt connecting through wifi! :Crying: 

Here is a screenshot image of the error:

BTW, I cant understand why only this brand has so much problems...

I have an HP 630 which is a really bad laptop for the price of Rs. 32,000. :HalfEyes: The Dell Inspiron 1440 (10000Rs. cheaper) is even better than the HP 630 which currently I am using.

SO SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! IT'S A NEWLY BROUGHT PRINTER! 

HP Recommended

At last I solved it! I connected the printer via usb, then setup the hp printer software to connect via usb. Then it showed that the printer is also available in wifi, do you want to connect it also (or something like that). I then tried to connect via wifi and voila! It worked succesfully! :generic:

Now there are 2 conections, one is via usb and other is through wifi. When you open the printer software it will first ask you whether you want to select the same printer via usb or wifi. Just click on your option and done!

HP Recommended

Thank you soo much for coming back to the forums to let us know what worked for you!

Happy Printing!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Well since my last post I have learned that it is NOT always the printer problem itself. Here is why. My daughter has the same printer, lives elsewhere and has another internet provider. She had the same problem. BUT she also was getting dropped calls on her cell...same provider. They replaced her main gateway and voila, no more problems. So her's was the internet provider even though, yes she was still able to access internet, yet not connect the printer. We didn't think it would be the provider since she was still able to get ON the internet, but it was. 

When we first called her provider the first rep she spoke to said, " no no we don't handle printers, you must call the printer company." Then we hung up and I told my daughter it didn't make sense because they should still be responsible for connecting your wireless devices or at least assisting with that. So we called back and guess what? Yep a different rep said " oh sure I'll be happy to help you with that" LOL. So it depends on who you talk to. That was when we exhausted most avenues and they figured she needed the new modem thingy. 

I also NOW am using HP's wonderful software that came with the printer and I love it! I encourage others to try it. The one I like is the HP Printer Assistant AND the HP Printe and Scan Doctor. So maybe we've been too hard on HP products. So far, so good with mine and my daughters. I know this might not be helpful since I'm not specific on exactly what fixed mine, I'm just saying make sure it's not your internet OR junk on your computer. Thanks.:smileywink: 

HP Recommended

That is great to hear!  It is really nice to get some positive feedback and a good laugh rolled into it too.  Thank you so much for coming back to the forums to tell us what worked.  You are appreciated!!!

Happy Printing!

--Cass--

HP Recommended

You are welcome and thank you too...I wanted to let others know that I just made the cutest Christmas card with the HP Photo Creations! I wish I would have realized the benefit of THIS software a long time ago...where the heck was I ???

So I made the Landscaped Folded Greeting card with the Gingerbread theme and uploaded a photo of my cats and it is adorable. I gave this card to my vet with a gift and they loved it. It was so simple to make. My only question on this software if anyone knows is, can you upload your own THEME (background)...I don't think so...it's ok if not, there are many to choose from, but if so, I'd like to know anyway.

I am surprised I haven't heard more ads about it etc. cause it's such a cool tool. I love the little graphics you can add too...so cute. :HeartEyes:

HP Recommended
You made me smile 😄 I can imagine how fun it is. happy holiday printing and happy happy holidays!

HP Recommended

Well thanks for the kudos...it feels so weird bragging about HP printer when I started out being so upset with it. LOL..and again I am still enjoying the products that came with it. 

Here's a couple of my cards I made with the HP Photo creations...I think they're kind of cute. _Picon.320-240.jpg_Picon.320-240.jpg_Picon.320-240.jpg

HP Recommended
I can't wait to see the images! It's so nice to see the fruits of our labors lol

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.