Using HP 6500 Wireless with Verizon MIFI 2200 (9225 Views)
Top Student
racin8
Message 1 of 15 (9,225 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using HP 6500 Wireless with Verizon MIFI 2200

[ Edited ]

Is it possibe to use my HP 6500 all in one with built in wireless with a Verizon MIFI 2200 at the same time...all on one wireless connection from my laptop?       Thank You

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 15 (9,216 Views)

Re: Using HP 6500 Wireless with Verizon MIFI 2200

Unless the Verizon MiFi enforces wireless isolation amongst its clients, you should be able to wirelessly print to your Officejet 6500 from your laptop using the MiFi.

A quick test is to connect two wireless laptops to the MiFi and see if you can ping each others IP address.  If you can, the printer should work.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Top Student
racin8
Message 3 of 15 (9,195 Views)

Well i  took a chance that this might  work...what i did was set up MIFI then once wireless put printer software cd in laptop and went to network connections tab on main menu...after a few steps it allowed me to enter the wep key and magically it was printing wirelessly and on the internet at the same time. At least it is right now.

Student
JAPHY
Message 4 of 15 (9,069 Views)

I have the hp pro 8500 wireless printer and cannot figure how to get the mifi 2200 communicate with the printer.  Any suggestions.  Sorry, but will need details with no jargon.  Thank you so much.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 15 (9,066 Views)

Have you tried running the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel of the printer?  It should see the mifi and connect.

I am employed by HP
Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 6 of 15 (9,066 Views)

There are two basic steps to install a HP wireless inkjet printer:

1) Get the printer connected to your wireless network.  To do this, you'll need to know the name of the wireless network that you want to join (also known as the SSID) and the security passphrase or key.

2) Install the printer SW on your computer.

Step #1 -- Getting the printer on the wireless network

The HP Officejet Pro 8500 makes getting connected to a wireless network easy.  Press the setup button on the printer's front panel (looks like a wrench), select Network from the menu and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.   The printer will find all the wireless networks in the area.  Select yours and the printer will then prompt you for your wireless security key or passphrase.

Step #2 -- Installing the SW on your computer

Depending on your computer, this can be very easy (Mac OSX running Snow Leopard 10.6) or somewhat easier (MS Windows).  It's best to start off by downloading the latest driver from here instead of using the enclosed CD.  For Windows installation, be mindful of any prompts to temporarily disable the computers firewall.

Unfortunately, there can be obstacles to getting the printer installed properly.  If your computer is infected with malware or viruses, or if you are using an unusual SW firewall, or if you have a non Wi-Fi Certified wireless-router, then you may experience troubles installing the SW.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
mikasenoja
Message 7 of 15 (7,944 Views)

I am trying to use my HP6500 Wireless with Sprint MIFI to fax documents and receive faxes but I have been unable to figure it out. Please help.

ccs Student
Student
ccs
Message 8 of 15 (4,656 Views)

Re: Using HP 3390 Wireless with Verizon MIFI 4510

Could anyone help a dumb lay person like me figure out how to wirelessly operate my HP 3390 AIO via my MIFI4510?

Thanks!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 15 (4,650 Views)

Re: Using HP 3390 Wireless with Verizon MIFI 4510

I don't believe your 3390 has wireless.  If this is the case you cannot connect it to your MiFi, sorry.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
tenajtile
Message 10 of 15 (955 Views)

I did all you said however, the printer is choosing the wrong router, what do I do to make the right choice?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation