VPN / RDC HP Photosmart 7960 printer (752 Views)
Student
Lamy_Pie
Message 1 of 1 (752 Views)

VPN / RDC HP Photosmart 7960 printer

Hello!

Can some-one please help with a VPN / RDC / Printing issue i have.

PC at Home has a 'HP Photosmart 7960' installed locally via USB using port name 'USB001' Description: "Virtual Printer Port for USB"

I want to be able to RDC to my work PC and be able to print a document off my work PC to my printer at home ('HP Photosmart 7960' )

I have doenloaded the drivers off the HP website labelled "hp_53_enu.exe"  - 21.52MB"

I installed these drivers on work PC - (there was a screen in the installation to say tick this box if printer isnt connected - so ticked that to finish the installation)

I went to try and print a document and my printer was not in the list. So i then thought ok its not installed properly maybe? i then went to the temp folder where the drivers are extracted to and tried to add the printer through "add a printer" selecting have disk and using the inf files that way. When i selected the inf file i think it should be using (there was several) no manufactuerer / model appeared in the list?? why would that be?

I tried each INF file and each one didnt show a make / model in the list.

I have now given up after spending a few hours and could do with someones help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation