07-08-2009 08:41 AM
Can some-one please help with a VPN / RDC / Printing issue i have.
PC at Home has a 'HP Photosmart 7960' installed locally via USB using port name 'USB001' Description: "Virtual Printer Port for USB"
I want to be able to RDC to my work PC and be able to print a document off my work PC to my printer at home ('HP Photosmart 7960' )
I have doenloaded the drivers off the HP website labelled "hp_53_enu.exe" - 21.52MB"
I installed these drivers on work PC - (there was a screen in the installation to say tick this box if printer isnt connected - so ticked that to finish the installation)
I went to try and print a document and my printer was not in the list. So i then thought ok its not installed properly maybe? i then went to the temp folder where the drivers are extracted to and tried to add the printer through "add a printer" selecting have disk and using the inf files that way. When i selected the inf file i think it should be using (there was several) no manufactuerer / model appeared in the list?? why would that be?
I tried each INF file and each one didnt show a make / model in the list.
I have now given up after spending a few hours and could do with someones help!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series