WIRED & WIRELSS CONNECTION for HP Officejet Pro 8600 for Desktop & Laptop computers? (12734 Views)
Student
1TejasMe
Message 1 of 4 (12,734 Views)

WIRED & WIRELSS CONNECTION for HP Officejet Pro 8600 for Desktop & Laptop computers?

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 is connected by hard wire to my desktop computer - I need to be able to also use this printer/scanner

for my HP Pavilion g7 laptop. Totally new to this kind of sharing. How best to do this?  OS is Windows 7 both machines

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 4 (12,727 Views)

Re: WIRED & WIRELSS CONNECTION for HP Officejet Pro 8600 for Desktop & Laptop computers?

Hi,

If you have connected printer using USB to desktop then laptop can be connected wirelessly, but if its through network cable (LAN cable) then wireless option is not possible.

Printer supports only one type of connection 1 USB & 1 network (LAN Cable or wireless).

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
Tkorman
Message 3 of 4 (12,361 Views)

Re: WIRED & WIRELSS CONNECTION for HP Officejet Pro 8600 for Desktop & Laptop computers?

Hello,

Our new HP8600 is connected to my desktop by a USB connection but another person in my office needs to print as well wirelessly.

How can I add their laptop so they can print to the 8600 as well. Thanks,,T

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 4 of 4 (12,352 Views)

Hi,

Please follow the link below to install on wireless network with which your friend will be able to print wirelessly.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02886889&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=oc_r1002_usen_s-00...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation