WPA problem for HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer (1162 Views)
Student
thgy
Message 1 of 4 (1,162 Views)

WPA problem for HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer

I get a problem about the wifi settings of the HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One printer

If the wifi router is set to use WEP, the printer can get the IP and connect to the internet properly.

However I would like to use WPA actually, once I change the router to use either WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK, the printer cannot get the IP and simply result an error. I have also tried WPS, also failed with error. The error is not something meaning, simply an error.

The WPA setting is no problem, both my PC and mobile can connect to the router properly. Moreover I have tried using the USB and setup the wifi settings both by PC push to printer and setup manually, both failed.

Is this a software issue or a hardware issue?

How I could resolve this issue.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit, although may not be related to this issue

Thanks a lot!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,156 Views)

Re: WPA problem for HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer

Hi,

There are few models fall to this problem. One of my HP laptop (nx8220) can only accept WEP. I believe this is something to do with the firmware on the wireless card itself. In theory vendors can do this but I don't know why many (all of them) don't bother to update the firmware for their products.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
dtmcbride
Message 3 of 4 (1,058 Views)

Re: WPA problem for HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer

My problem is with the Verizon FIOS ActionTec modem/router Mac OS X only seems to work with WAP2 and the deskjet 3520 only works with WEP or maybe WAP.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 4 (1,050 Views)

WPA problem for HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer

[ Edited ]

According to the User Guide this printer will connect to WPS, WEP, and WPA networks. It should work with a WPA 2 network just fine. You will just have to use a USB cord to connect it to the wireless network. Hope this helps.

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation