05-15-2010 01:16 AM
I have an HP photosmart printer (sorry but I can't think of the model and I am not home) that has wireless capabilities. What does this mean? Does this mean that i can access the printer from my notebook, pda and other wireless devices through the wifi device that is in the printer or does it mean that only one computer can connect to the printer by wifi?
05-15-2010 10:50 AM
It means really two things:
1. You can connect up to 5 computers wirelessly with the printer (called ad-hoc networking). Now, when those computers are connected with the printer they cannot be connected to any other wireless device (like a wireless router).
2. The preferred method - connect your printer to a wireless router. All computers connected (wired or wireless) to that router can use both the print and scan function (if applicable) of the device.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection