05-15-2010 01:16 AM
I have an HP photosmart printer (sorry but I can't think of the model and I am not home) that has wireless capabilities. What does this mean? Does this mean that i can access the printer from my notebook, pda and other wireless devices through the wifi device that is in the printer or does it mean that only one computer can connect to the printer by wifi?
05-15-2010 10:50 AM
It means really two things:
1. You can connect up to 5 computers wirelessly with the printer (called ad-hoc networking). Now, when those computers are connected with the printer they cannot be connected to any other wireless device (like a wireless router).
2. The preferred method - connect your printer to a wireless router. All computers connected (wired or wireless) to that router can use both the print and scan function (if applicable) of the device.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network