01-15-2011 12:34 PM
I have an HP OfficePro L7555.
It is connected to the router in my condo via an Ethernet cable. This printer does NOT have wireless.
I have tried using the WEBSCAN application and it scans my one page document, but WHERE DOES it put the JPG file? Can't find it on my computer, nor do I think it's in the printer memory, if so, then how do I get it out of the printer memory?
Also, is there a way to scan a document on this printer and send the file through the router to my hard drive on my laptop. The HP Solution Center s/w doesn't seem to give me an option for this.
07-12-2011 05:50 AM
It doesn't actually store the image to your hard drive anywhere, it scans it to a new browser window. If you scan an image and webscan says it's done but you don't see your image anywhere, then you probably have pop-ups blocked. Hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the Scan button, then watch for a message saying that a pop-up has been blocked. Click on the message and enable pop-ups for that website. Then if you still don't see your image, try it again and it should work.
As for scanning a document to the hard drive on your laptop, just right click on the document image, click on Save image as..., and then select where you would like to save it. If the hard drive on your laptop is not an available selection, you will need to map it. Just Google "how to map a network drive" and you should be good to go.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series