Question

Top Student
bhljlw
Message 1 of 2 (7,450 Views)

Where does WEBSCAN store the scanned image?

I have an HP OfficePro L7555.

It is connected to the router in my condo via an Ethernet cable. This printer does NOT have wireless.

I have tried using the WEBSCAN application and it scans my one page document, but WHERE DOES it put the JPG file? Can't find it on my computer, nor do I think it's in the printer memory, if so, then how do I get it out of the printer memory?

Also, is there a way to scan a document on this printer and send the file through the router to my hard drive on my laptop. The HP Solution Center s/w doesn't  seem to give me an option for this.

Many thanks.

BHL

Top Student
DLThompson06
Message 2 of 2 (7,220 Views)

Re: Where does WEBSCAN store the scanned image?

It doesn't actually store the image to your hard drive anywhere, it scans it to a new browser window.  If you scan an image and webscan says it's done but you don't see your image anywhere, then you probably have pop-ups blocked.  Hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the Scan button, then watch for a message saying that a pop-up has been blocked.  Click on the message and enable pop-ups for that website.  Then if you still don't see your image, try it again and it should work.

As for scanning a document to the hard drive on your laptop, just right click on the document image, click on Save image as..., and then select where you would like to save it.  If the hard drive on your laptop is not an available selection, you will need to map it.  Just Google "how to map a network drive" and you should be good to go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation