Question
Student
Message 1 of 10 (6,172 Views)

Why can't I connect to my 3520 via wireless?

I have a HP Deskjet 3520, and I am running on Windows 7/64 bit. 

I have been able to setup my printer through the USB, and I have been able to get my printer connected to the same network, and have setup e-print even. However, I cannot connect to my printer via the wireless, and my iphone cannot detect it through the e-print app.

I have tried turning odf firewalls, re-installing, turning of every part of the chain (ie laptop, printer, router...)

I even tried to connect through my MacBook, and still, I can only "see" it through the USB, even though the printer has an IP address and is able to receive documents through e-print.

Is this a known issue? 

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 10 (6,161 Views)

Re: Why can't I connect to my 3520 via wireless?

Printer does not maintain wireless connection.  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 10 (6,121 Views)

I have the same problem here, and the printer does supports the wireless connection! can anyone share his experience 

Professor
Message 4 of 10 (6,106 Views)

Hello All,

If you have followed the troubleshooting sabretooth04 provided, I recommend downloading, installing, and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor found at the link below:

http://goo.gl/h7isd
Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 5 of 10 (6,096 Views)

Dear,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried to use them, yet the problem was not resolved.

I managed to print on the printer through the wireless network, using add a new printer wizard built-in in windows so I am sure the printer is ok. but the hp software does not see the printer at all. so I cannot get the software features.

Professor
Message 6 of 10 (6,069 Views)

OK, check out the following link to troubleshoot wireless installation issues:

http://goo.gl/j3bnC
Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 7 of 10 (6,055 Views)

I have done all the troubleshooting, as well I am sure that the printer and the PC are on the same subnet. I can print through the wireless network. by adding the printer through the wizard of the windows vista. 

But when I search it through the hp software I can see it, but the software is un able to add it.

At the moment I can print through the wireless network but I cannot use the feature if hp software.

Professor
Message 8 of 10 (6,034 Views)

Certainly sounds like something is blocking it. Have you tried disabling all firewalls & antivirus software when installing the HP software?
Honor Student
Message 9 of 10 (6,030 Views)

Yes I did that.
Professor
Message 10 of 10 (6,007 Views)

Next thing to try would be to create a new Windows User account (with admin privileges) and see if the install will work there.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation