Question

Student
Aquos822
Message 1 of 10 (5,169 Views)

Why can't I connect to my 3520 via wireless?

I have a HP Deskjet 3520, and I am running on Windows 7/64 bit. 

I have been able to setup my printer through the USB, and I have been able to get my printer connected to the same network, and have setup e-print even. However, I cannot connect to my printer via the wireless, and my iphone cannot detect it through the e-print app.

I have tried turning odf firewalls, re-installing, turning of every part of the chain (ie laptop, printer, router...)

I even tried to connect through my MacBook, and still, I can only "see" it through the USB, even though the printer has an IP address and is able to receive documents through e-print.

Is this a known issue? 

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 10 (5,158 Views)

Re: Why can't I connect to my 3520 via wireless?

Printer does not maintain wireless connection.  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
haljammaly
Message 3 of 10 (5,118 Views)

I have the same problem here, and the printer does supports the wireless connection! can anyone share his experience 

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 10 (5,103 Views)

Hello All,

If you have followed the troubleshooting sabretooth04 provided, I recommend downloading, installing, and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor found at the link below:

http://goo.gl/h7isd
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
haljammaly
Message 5 of 10 (5,093 Views)

Dear,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried to use them, yet the problem was not resolved.

I managed to print on the printer through the wireless network, using add a new printer wizard built-in in windows so I am sure the printer is ok. but the hp software does not see the printer at all. so I cannot get the software features.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 6 of 10 (5,066 Views)

OK, check out the following link to troubleshoot wireless installation issues:

http://goo.gl/j3bnC
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
haljammaly
Message 7 of 10 (5,052 Views)

I have done all the troubleshooting, as well I am sure that the printer and the PC are on the same subnet. I can print through the wireless network. by adding the printer through the wizard of the windows vista. 

But when I search it through the hp software I can see it, but the software is un able to add it.

At the moment I can print through the wireless network but I cannot use the feature if hp software.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 8 of 10 (5,031 Views)

Certainly sounds like something is blocking it. Have you tried disabling all firewalls & antivirus software when installing the HP software?
Honor Student
haljammaly
Message 9 of 10 (5,027 Views)

Yes I did that.
Professor
Gordon_H
Message 10 of 10 (5,004 Views)

Next thing to try would be to create a new Windows User account (with admin privileges) and see if the install will work there.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation