Windows 7 64 Bit Driver for Designjet 500ps PCL3GUI (36651 Views)
Honor Student
ooberandy
Message 1 of 7 (36,651 Views)

Windows 7 64 Bit Driver for Designjet 500ps PCL3GUI

I have just upgraded my PC to windows 7 64 bit. We use a Designjet 500ps plotter - wothout the HPGL2 card, so the driver needs to run on PCL3GUI.

The HP site doesnt have any drivers apart from the HPGL2 for 64 bit. 

Does anyone know a workaround i can use for this?

Thanks

andy

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 7 (36,606 Views)

Re: Windows 7 64 Bit Driver for Designjet 500ps PCL3GUI

[ Edited ]

One thing you might try is installing the XP/Vista 64 driver available here.  I am using the XP x64 driver for my Designjet 650c under Win 7.  I do not have a 500ps to test but I did download the driver and installed it, it seems to install OK in Win 7.

If that does not help you may have better results asking in the Business Designjet Forum, there is more Designjet expertise there. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
ooberandy
Message 3 of 7 (36,587 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I had originally tried the windows server 2003, XP & vista all in 64 bit.

Being new to windows 7 i couldnt see a way of deleting the drivers, but googled it and found out how. I have since installed the Vista 64 bit driver and the plotter is now working :smileyhappy:

So instead of trying to overwrite the previous driver, deleting seems to be the only way forward. 

Top Student
marcelocassol
Message 4 of 7 (35,702 Views)

Hi Bob, I ned your help too.

I have upgraded my PC too, but I have the DesignJet 650C plotter.

Where did you found the " XP x64 driver for Designjet 650c Win 7" that you're talking about, I can't found it.

Tnks,

Marcelo Cassol

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 7 (35,672 Views)

[ Edited ]

The drivers for XP x64 were posted in the Designjet forum in a few places.  I cannot find the link where I got the version I am currently using, it is a later version than the one in the link above and has some better features for scaling prints.  I will attach it here, you can download it and unzip it to a directory.  Next go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, pick the proper port and then select Have Disk and point to the directory where you unzipped the driver.  The file includes a number of Designjet models including the four versions of the 650C (A and B versions in 24" and 36").

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
JayPlesset
Message 6 of 7 (16,948 Views)

The XP/Vista driver works for my DJ 500 without hp/gl card, too.  The Windows 7 driver does not, no matter what I have tried.  THANK YOU

Student
phakhin
Message 7 of 7 (1,225 Views)

Windows 7 64 Bit Driver for Designjet 500ps PCL3GUI

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation