04-04-2014 03:31 PM
How can I obtain a windows 8 driver for my old Deskjet 990cxi to use to install via Apple Bonjour Print services for Windows so my Windows laptop can print via the Deskjet that is connected via USB to my Mac Mini which runs my network? Many thanks
04-07-2014 11:26 AM
Hello there huwthomas, Welcome to the forums!
I saw your post about sharing over your network and just wanted to share some information with you. The best option would be to try and share on your Windows PC by connecting USB. Windows: Share a printer.
If you have printer sharing enabled on your Mac, it should let you see it from your Windows machine if multicasting and Bonjour are enabled on your network.
See this guide: OS X Mountain Lion: Share your printer
If neither are successful, I would suggest looking into an upgraded printer.
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection