04-04-2014 03:31 PM
How can I obtain a windows 8 driver for my old Deskjet 990cxi to use to install via Apple Bonjour Print services for Windows so my Windows laptop can print via the Deskjet that is connected via USB to my Mac Mini which runs my network? Many thanks
04-07-2014 11:26 AM
Hello there huwthomas, Welcome to the forums!
I saw your post about sharing over your network and just wanted to share some information with you. The best option would be to try and share on your Windows PC by connecting USB. Windows: Share a printer.
If you have printer sharing enabled on your Mac, it should let you see it from your Windows machine if multicasting and Bonjour are enabled on your network.
See this guide: OS X Mountain Lion: Share your printer
If neither are successful, I would suggest looking into an upgraded printer.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series