Question
Windows PC unable to see Photosmart C7280 over network
Replies (32)

Tutor
jamiet
Message 11 of 33 (1,301 Views)

Re: Windows PC unable to see Photosmart C7280 over network

Good news, I have successfully scanned something from my computer! Let's hope that this is a permanent fix rather than a temporary one (remember, it does *occasionally* work before).

Just to reiterate for anyone reading, the main thing I've done is reserved an IP address for my Photosmart on the home network.

-Jamie

Honor Student
hwndude
Message 12 of 33 (1,291 Views)

I've always had might printer set with a static IP.

This is a very strange problem. I can view ink levels, scan using Webscan via Settings --> Other Settings --> Other --> Network Settings under "Applications", but I always get "HP Photosmart 7200 series Disconnected!" on the main screen. Also, I am not able to initiate a scan from the printer itself.

By the way, I am printing wirelessly. Wired printing is not an option for me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Top Student
NYCAP
Message 13 of 33 (787 Views)

Anybody have pity for an old man?  Until a couple of weeks ago my HP C7280 printed, faxed and scan fine.  Then somehow the printer got uninstalled.  I reinstalled it, but now the Fax and Scan shows "No Scan Options  Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.  I have no idea what that means.  The problem came to light when I tried to save pictures from a chip to my computer. My control panel shows several printers, but none that say fax or scan.  Can anybody walk me through the steps to get my printer to scan & fax again.  Please try to explain as you would to your grandfather.  Thank you.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 14 of 33 (782 Views)

Hmm, OK, I'll try to help.

How is the printer connected to your computer?  USB or is it on your wireless network?  If its on your wireless network, what brand wireless router do you use?

What operating system is on your computer (WIndows XP, Vista, etc)?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
NYCAP
Message 15 of 33 (780 Views)

Much appreciated.  It's wireless, the router is a Westell and it's Vista.

Top Student
NYCAP
Message 16 of 33 (779 Views)

BTW, I can print from my computer although it spits out a blank page before each printed page.  I think that trying to correct that (unsuccessfully) started this problem, if that's any help.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 17 of 33 (777 Views)

OK, on your PC: Start > Control Panel > Printers.  Highligh your printer and press the delete key on your keyboard.  If there is more than one instance of the pritner there, delete them all.

Now, go to Start > All Programs > Hewlett-Packard > HP C7200 Series > Uninstall.  Uninstall all of the HP software for your printer.

Restart your PC.

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  When you install it the software will ask what kind of installation you want.  Choose "Network" or "Wireless" (I am not sure the words it will use) and follow the directions to install the software.  It will find your printer already on the network and, hopefully put you back in business.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
NYCAP
Message 18 of 33 (774 Views)

Just to confirm, it shows:

• Add Printer,                    

• HP Photosmart 7200 Series (Copy 1),                     

• HP Photosmart 7200 Series, (Copy 3) which is
    checked,                 

• Microsoft XPSDocument Writer,                                              

• HP Photosmart 7200 Series    Ready,

• HP Photosmart 7200 Series (Copy 2)                                                                       

• Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

• Send to OneNote 2007  Ready

Should I delete all or just the (4) HP Photosmart 7200 Series printers?  Sorry to seem dense. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 19 of 33 (772 Views)

Yeah, just delete the 7200 series ones.  Do you use the others?  If not, you can delete them, too.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
NYCAP
Message 20 of 33 (762 Views)

Did the uninstall, but when I went to Support & Drivers I saw a mess of choices, but nothing close to Get the latest software for your printer".  There was something that asked me my operating system, and then gave me a choice of several downloads, but nothing sounded right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation