Question

Honor Student
BrosHP
Message 1 of 4 (756 Views)

Wireless communication between wireless printer and laptop with wireless capability

I'm not much with the tech stuff, but I'll frame my question best as I can.

I have a new HP laptop with a wireless card with "N" capability. and a builtin modem. I have a new HP printer with wireless capability.

Can these 2 devices connect wirelessly without any other moving parts?? I don't have a router. I don't have an ISP. I just want to send something from my laptop to my printer directly via wireless so I can print them.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (755 Views)

Re: Wireless communication between wireless printer and laptop with wireless capability

What operating system on your laptop?  What model printer?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
BrosHP
Message 3 of 4 (698 Views)

Re: Wireless communication between wireless printer and laptop with wireless capability

Windows 7 and  HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (692 Views)

OK, sure it will work.  You need to go to Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel and Set up New Connection or Network and set up an ad-hoc network.  Ad-hoc is a device-to-device network between two devices only.

The printer should be broadcasting an ad-hoc network named 'hpsetup'.  Connect to it.  If it is not broadcasting Reset the Network Settings from the front panel of the printer.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation