Question

Top Student
Steenart
Message 1 of 16 (3,728 Views)

Wireless connection problems with my HP Officejet 6500A Plus

Hi guys

I just bought the 6500A plus last week and are having some problems printing through the wireless. Only 30% of the time it actually manage to find the printer and print the document as it should. The rest of the time it just starts printing, but then stops after having typed only a couple lines and rest here for around 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it continues afterwards but sometimes it just stops and cancel the rest itself. When it stops a warning appear on my screen telling me that it can't find the connection.

I've tried to move my laptop around the apartment to see if that would helpt but unfortunately it doesn't make any change. When printing a network test from the printer it says that signal quality is "very good".

I'm currently running Vista 32 bit with a "SMC BarricadeTMg 802.11g 108Mbps Wireless Router". 

I've read a few other messages around here and it seems to be a general problem, although I haven't been able to deduce a correct solution so far. Please help me someone - I still have 8 days of trial - So i'd like to see if it's possible to solve the problem before returning it. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 16 (3,647 Views)

Re: Wireless connection problems with my HP Officejet 6500A Plus

SMC routers are known to have problems with HP printers. Do you have another router or can you get one to try?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Steenart
Message 3 of 16 (3,645 Views)

No I haven't unfortunately... 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 16 (3,640 Views)

OK, try cycling power on the router and retry.  I don't have a lot of hope for this.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Steenart
Message 5 of 16 (3,636 Views)

Thanks for the advice. I just tried it out, but didn't work though. I did realize though, that I can print through the printer's e-mail account at the same speed as if I used the normal wireless, so I guess I should just continue this way? Is there any differences between using the wireless and E-mail account? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 16 (3,624 Views)

It should be fine.  Plus, you can print this way from anywhere in the world with Internet access!

I am employed by HP
Student
martingmd
Message 7 of 16 (3,592 Views)

[ Edited ]

No, it's not fine!!! First, you don't pay for the all in one wireless printer to be restricted to the ePrint, second if you want to print something that isn't standard (i.e. DL Envelope address, labels, etc, etc) you can forget about the ePrint.

Also, what kidn of solution is connecting the network cable??? My network cable is connected to the wireless router 3 rooms away from the printer!!

Static IP address???? Well, I have a home office and my provider doesn't actually give static IP addresses unless I take a bundle with 5 phones, email adresses, websites etc for 10x more money then I pay now {Content Removed}

The printer should do what it says on the ads and box, all that I considered making my decision, if the advert said thet you need a static IP adress, need to connect the network cable etc, etc, nobody would even look at this {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}

HP give us your money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Student
Steenart
Message 8 of 16 (3,570 Views)

I agree with you man! 

I do not understand how such a huge company as HP can release a printer like this - It is ridiculous that I am forced to use the e-print system, because the wireless don't work. And now the e-print system doesn't work either - Thanks HP! 

I do not recommend anyone else to buy these wireless printers from HP cause they're not working as they're supposed to! 

Student
jefurlan
Message 9 of 16 (2,897 Views)

This thing is terrible!!! i have tried every possible thing, from static IP's, to manually selecting a wifi channel and even changing my router and firmware updates.  Nothing works, the printer will loose wifi connection after only a couple of minutes, i can't even access the webpage utility.  Neither my PC (HP omni 220, windows 7) nor my Macbook pro, my Gateway laptop or mi IOS devices (2 iPads, 3 Iphones) can find the printer any more! The only solution is to turn it off and on for EVERY SINGLE PAGE!! this is a serious issue, the kind that should be the subject of a class action due to the amount of people complaining about this and not getting a real solution. I have read every single post on this forum, blaming other pieces of hardware for this problem is not a solution, it is not professional, and it is not ethical.  I love my other HP products, they are really great hardware pieces : Designjet 111r, Laserjet 2550, photosmart 110D, they work great, but this particular printer is awful, sure i could connect it via ethernet, but i need it on WiFi, that is the reason i bought it, but it keeps disappointing me.  I am at the limit of my patience and imagination with this printer.  Has anyone found a solution for this abysmal failure of equipment?

Thanks (and sorry for the long rant, i was venting my frustration)

Student
sschuess
Message 10 of 16 (1,895 Views)

HP 6500A

Has connectivity proplems. 

It will not print or send or recieve faxes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation