Wireless on HP B110a stopped working. HELP?! (1009 Views)
Student
danow
Message 1 of 9 (1,009 Views)

Wireless on HP B110a stopped working. HELP?!

Hi all,

I've had a HP B110a Photosmart Printer for a couple of months now. When I first got it, I successfully setup a wireless connection through my laptop and everything was going swimmingly.

All of a sudden, my printer won't print anything through the wireless connection. I had to swap to a USB connection but this is just down right annoying as I bought the printer because of the wireless function.

I've converted the printer back from a USB to Wireless connection, downloaded all the software updates, uninstalled the program and re-setup the programs and printer and troubleshooted. You name it, I've probably done it.

I can't figure out how to get this to work and it's driving me mental, I couldn't find a customer service phone number so I was hoping that someone could help me figure this out!

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 9 (917 Views)

Re: Wireless on HP B110a stopped working. HELP?!

What operating system?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
AlisonH37
Message 3 of 9 (896 Views)

Hi

I have this problem too, I have vista.  It sorted itself out the other week (dont know how) now its off again and its soooo frustrating.

Any help appreciated.

Honor Student
HP_wp_2011
Message 4 of 9 (890 Views)

Below is a link to Wifi troubleshooting guide.

You will need to print a wifi report.  You can check your radio is on then as well. I believe these can be accessed from the control panel tool. The link below should  help you troubleshoot further.  

http://h20563.www2.hp.com/p/_wireless/printer-setup-help3.html

Hi, I'm an HP Employee, I'm a contributor in the printer organization. It is my hope this information will help you with your problem.
Honor Student
AlisonH37
Message 5 of 9 (877 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  Ive been looking at it today, where the instructions say 'Type the printer's IP address into your Internet browser's address bar, and press Return.  A web page appears, displaying the printer's internal settings.' the web page doesnt display.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 9 (858 Views)

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Student
onilgandhi
Message 7 of 9 (828 Views)

Re: Wireless on HP B110a B110a wireless radio not functioning... please guide

B110a wireless radio not functioning... i have tried evrything said here... but its still not working.. please guide

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 9 (815 Views)

Re: Wireless on HP B110a B110a wireless radio not functioning... please guide

If the wireless is on (indicated by blue light) and not working (indicated by a self-test from the front of the printer), then the radio has likely died.

Unplug the printer power cord from the back of the printer for 30 seconds while the printer is ON and see if that resets it.  If not, its warranty or new printer time, sorry.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
jarjartee
Message 9 of 9 (359 Views)

For anyone on OSX ; Lion or Mountain Lion and / or BT HomeHub3 please turn encryption to WPA2 only NOT dual WPA/WPA2, works like a dream :smileytongue:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation