Question

Student
kristine84
Message 1 of 7 (10,043 Views)

Wireless printer not working

My HP laptop was working with my HP all in one 2700 printer when I first bought it, but suddenly it's stopped. It says that the printer is offline when it isn't. I tried restarting the printer and leaving it off for a while, but I know the printer is working because another printer on the network can use it to print things. (The other computer has XP and my laptop has Vista, but the laptop has always had Vista and that didn't seem to make a difference before.) I'm wondering if maybe it was a Windows update that screwed it up -- does anyone know of an update taht would cause this problem? Otherwise, any other ideas on how to get my computer to recognize that the printer is online? Thanks!
Student
bromcom64
Message 2 of 7 (10,018 Views)

Re: Wireless printer not working

I'm having a very similar problem with myPhoosmart C309a all-in-one and have fond that it apears to be incompatible with my preferred AVG Firewall. If I deactivate the AG Firewall and use the Windows Vista Firewall instead, it works OK. Maybe you can try the same. If I hear anything back from either AVG or Microsoft about a solution, I'll pass it on. 

Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 3 of 7 (8,232 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your wireless printer might frequently lose its communication with the computer and hence might not print all the documents when you want. Such an issue arises when there is interference in the wireless signals between the printer and the computer. This could be caused by any other wireless device kept in the vicinity of your printer like a cordless phone. Keep all other wireless devices way from the printer set-up to tackle this issue. Also bear in mind that if your system is turned on for hibernation mode then it would disconnect your printer the moment it goes into hibernation. [Text removed]. Hope this helps you.

Student
blystonet
Message 4 of 7 (4,380 Views)

my printer will print test sheets out from my wireless, but when i type a report it will not print.
Student
sonny297goats
Message 5 of 7 (3,973 Views)

my printer worker then put some memory on computer now keeps telling me off line i don't know what to do forgot how i set up at being guess i'm too old

PhD Student
Brandon1
Message 6 of 7 (3,953 Views)

What kind of printer do you have and what operating system are you using ?

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

Student
KTCO
Message 7 of 7 (1,338 Views)

My hp photosmart printer has been working until recently. Now the wireless report says everything is fine, it's online etc, and will print set up pages, but when I try to print from my laptop, it says "printer not responding" 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation