Wireless printing on 3050 via BT home hub (3218 Views)
Student
ellieryan
Message 1 of 3 (3,218 Views)

Wireless printing on 3050 via BT home hub

Please can someone help me, I have spend hours and read every line of every booklet that I have been given and don't understand what to do!!!

I want to print wirelessly from my new HP Deskjet 3050. Apparently I can't do this directly with my laptop I need to do it via my BT router. Fine.... so on the printer i have pressed wireless/wps and I get 2 options. 1. Push Button and 2. PIN.

1. Push Button... I don't seem to have a WPS button on my router.

2. PIN... I have no ability to enter a pin into my router. Unless I do this via a web site but how do I know?

Have tried both options but just times out. I have a wireless assocaition button on my hub but that didn't seem to work so might be wrong thing?

I haev printed out my wireless test report and it says I nned to check my access point is powered on, and my SSID name matches my access point network name. WHAT does that meant and where do look to check.

I am using a mac with snow leopard.

Thank for help in advance!!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (3,173 Views)

Re: Wireless printing on 3050 via BT home hub

To use WPS, both the printer and router have to have the feature.  I don't believe your BT router has WPS.

So, you will have to download the latest software from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  Run the installer but make sure your printer is not plugged into your Mac via USB.  The software will eventually ask you to connect it via USB temporarily so the software can describe your network to your printer, but wait until it asks.

I am employed by HP
Student
ModelTreeShop
Message 3 of 3 (3,024 Views)

Re: Wireless printing on 3050 via BT home hub

I am running Ubuntu, can you help me please as I have the same issue...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation