Question

Top Student
rspiewak
Message 1 of 6 (1,949 Views)

Wireless printing stopped working - HP C4380

I have seen this error a few times: 0x00010fb0 {fceb1818-6e7d-4930-8b8c-c45e32bc7d7a})

Also, I downloaded and installed the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility. It consistently reports:

"A problem has been detected in the HP Network Device Service which requires a restart of your system...."

when I try to run it against the printer - which it clearly detects! Yet the printer is showing as offline.

The printer system tray app periodically pops up saying that the printer is connected or disconnected, but this doesn't seem to change its offline status. I can also ping it at its fixed address of 192.168.0.101.

The OS is XP.

I have to diagnose this remotely

TIA for any help.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 6 (1,943 Views)

Re: Wireless printing stopped working - HP C4380

I think it is saying there is a problem in the PC, not the printer.  What happens after a fresh reboot of the PC?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
rspiewak
Message 3 of 6 (1,939 Views)

Re-booting has no impact. I agree, there is apparently a problem in the PC. I need help determining what that problem is, and how to fix it.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 6 (1,935 Views)

There are quite a few software updates that may help here.

You may want to start with uninstalling the HP software and reinstalling from here, then do the updates if it still does not work.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
TerjeT
Message 5 of 6 (1,838 Views)

SOLVED

My wireless printing stop working (was working perfectly before).

For some reason I do not know the printer had got a new IP (URL), so I had to add another port in the printer configuration window on my laptop. After adding the correct URL everything worked nicely again.

/TerjeT

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 6 (1,818 Views)

Actually, it is the nature of routers to change the IP address.  It will happen again.  Here is how to correct that:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know this, enter the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank. Click 'Apply

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new, permanent, static IP address.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation