Question

Top Student
niall
Message 1 of 11 (2,237 Views)

Wireless printing to photosmart 5510

Hi,

I have a new photosmart 5510 wireless printer and Pavilion g series laptop. Both have successfully being added to my home router and are connected wirelessly. My problem is being able to print wirelessly. I have used the supplied driver to add the printer. The printer IP is not being recognised on the network. i have disabled the firewall to do this but to no avail. I have tried other solutions as recommended by hp website eg network diagnostics etc.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Niall

Top Student
niall
Message 2 of 11 (2,195 Views)

Re: Wireless printing to photosmart 5510

Does anyone from HP monitor these pages, or is it purely customers? 

Honor Student
D_Haggis
Message 3 of 11 (2,178 Views)

I think it's just you and me. I have the same problem. The printer says it's connected. A computer on the same subnet can't see it. It's as if it's not listening on the expected port.

Top Student
niall
Message 4 of 11 (2,174 Views)

thats my problem exactly.

Perhaps its that I am using an old modem but I would not expect this to be the real issue. I have no problem connecting to the network. I have tried all the suggested solutions and have ran the network diagnostics tool and this comes back with no errors. I may try calling HP support.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 5 of 11 (2,129 Views)

If the NDU found no problems but cannot print the test page then it is possible that the print spooler needs to be reset. Try using the Print Diagnostic Utility to check if there any problems with the print driver / print spooler.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02072599

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
D_Haggis
Message 6 of 11 (2,125 Views)

The Print Diagnostic Utility won't run until the driver installation completes. The installation won't complete until it can connect to the printer. It is "Unable to Find the Printer", though I enter its IP address, it has full WiFi signal, and the Wireless Network Test Results from the printer lists PASS on all tests. The printer's address is 192.168.1.113, and my computer is at 192.168.1.115. My computer is cabled to a wireless access point/router with which the printer acquired its address.

Top Student
iguana007
Message 7 of 11 (2,122 Views)

I just bought this printer and I HAD same problem ... my computer connected via LAN (RJ45) to the router cannot find printer connected to the same router via WiFi (same network and subnet mask) - both with fixed DHCP IP address defined on router.

I was very disappointed by this product ... this was related to regular setup with supplied CD and also with latest install software downloaded from HP site (I downloaded version: 24.2.0 released on 2011-11-01) - both ways did not work.

SOLUTION:

So I tried manual install via Windows (mine is Win7 64bit).

1. Do manual setup of WiFi on printer
  2. Go to Devices and printers on Windows
  3. Add new printer
  4. Select wirelles connected printer
  5. It will find Your printer if You did manual WiFi connection correctly
  6. Go to next step and insert supplied CD-ROM into Your bay drive
  7. Select that You want install driver from specified location and insert CD-ROM drive letter like this: "D:/"
  8. It will show you name of Your printer
  9. Than finish setup regular way (select sharing etc.)
  10. DONE - print test page :smileywink:
Top Student
iguana007
Message 8 of 11 (2,116 Views)

After above listed giude I was able to install basic driver package downloaded from HP website (now setup says, that it can find printer, but there is some Firewall problem, but it works ok) and I also did setup of ePrint ... everything works like charm now.

Top Student
niall
Message 9 of 11 (2,094 Views)

I have tried all of the above with the same net result - printer and pc do not recognise each other.

However ,I spend nearly 2 hours on phone support to HP at the weekend and they also went through all these steps.

In the end they agreed to ship me a replacement printer. It should be with me today or tomorrow and I will update this thread then. Fingers crossed!!!

Top Student
iguana007
Message 10 of 11 (2,093 Views)

Good luck than :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation