Question

Student
Markus34K10
Message 1 of 1 (345 Views)

Wireless scan from HP Photosmart 6510 to iMac OS X lion

[ Edited ]

I have been trying for two days to scan from the printer to the computer.  I have downloaded the latest software and the update from the HP website. I am running OS X 7.6. The computer is enabled to scan.  Also I have read  information from forum sites and from HP support.  I can however print documents so the wireless router is connected and the printer information is displayed on the screen from the device.    In the additional web support site, it suggested I enable "webscan" which is disabled. when I try to enter to enable this - it requests a log in to area "admin" in 192.168.1.139:443 (which is the printers IP address).  It is asking for a user log in name and password.  I have tried all my apple stuff but it does not work, what name and password is asking for?  This may be the reason it is not scanning but I am unsure?

Update 12 Oct: I found the access to the Webscan by accepting the certificate? but it made no difference however, I can scan via the web but the settings are difficult. I eventually changed the the IP address by joining a new network as a previous Forum answer had suggested.  Then I restarted the router, iMAC and printer, everything was connected and recognised after reloading the HP software and update.  The scan utility picked up the printer and the Scanner worked, hurray.  Then after two scans it stopped "connection lost" I restarted the printer and it worked again!! then "connection lost".  Any further ideas would be helpful?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation