Question

Student
Foal
Message 1 of 2 (1,144 Views)

Wireless setup of HP 3520, troubles with

Hi all,

I'm having trouble setting up the wireless connection from my HP Deskjet 3520 all in one to my Dell ultrabook XPS L321X. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS.

The hp software has been installed correctly. My HP 3520 is now my computers default printer.

When it gets to the 'Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection' stage, nothing happpens. I have connected the USB cable from the computer to the printer, it just stalls. No activity whatsoever. I have tried and retried. Unconnected and reconnected. Cancelled setup and restarted setup. Shut computer down and restarted. Over and over and over.

It will not even let me 'install the USB connection' option. When I select that it still behaves as if it is not detecting a connection at all.

I know this to be false, however, because I have successfully printed  several documents from the computer using the usb connection.

I'd be eternally grateful for any help anyone can give me.

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 2 (1,101 Views)

Re: Wireless setup of HP 3520, troubles with

Hi Foal,

I'd like to help.  Can you answer some questions?

1. Has the printer ever been installed on this computer?
  2. Have you tried different usb ports on your computer?  I would try that if you haven't done so.
  3. Have you tried a different usb cable (the shorter the better)?  I would recommend trying a different cable, especially if the printer has never been connected to this computer.  Cables do go bad and can work intermittently.  You are more likely to have problems with longer cables. 
Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation