align color on LaserJet Pro 400 color (295 Views)
Top Student
chrisdeemer
Message 1 of 9 (295 Views)

align color on LaserJet Pro 400 color

My help instructions say "Print diagnostics page from the Reports menu on the control panel." Which control panel are we talking about, the one on my computer? There is no Reports menu there.

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 9 (286 Views)

Re: align color on LaserJet Pro 400 color

the control panel on the device, the LCD display and the buttons. Use the up/down to get to the "Report" menu, and make your selection.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
chrisdeemer
Message 3 of 9 (283 Views)

Wow! Okay, so I found the Reports menu, and scrolled to the diagnostic page and printed it. It looks to me the blue color is about a 16th of an inch off and the grey color might be just a tad off as well.

Top Student
chrisdeemer
Message 4 of 9 (280 Views)

This helps, I now have the diagnostic page, but I cannot download the user guide. My issue is on page 166, but it says it has errors downloading and it only goes up to page 162. I have tried downloading it a few times, but we seem to be stuck. I need to get to a link that says "align cartridges" or something like that.

Professor
Charles001
Message 5 of 9 (277 Views)

which model of LaserJet Pro 400 you have, M401n?
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Professor
Charles001
Message 6 of 9 (273 Views)

It should be available in the control panel menu, "system setup", or "tools", or "service" or something like that (depending on your model). Here are the steps for M475: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=4337543&prodTypeId...
* I am an HP employee. *

Top Student
chrisdeemer
Message 7 of 9 (272 Views)

I have the M451dn model

Top Student
chrisdeemer
Message 8 of 9 (270 Views)

I found Calibrate Color and Calibrate Color Now under the System Setup menu. I think it is doing it now. I will print a diagnostic page to see if it helps.

Student
zsherry
Message 9 of 9 (205 Views)

So we've done all of these and the blue cartridge still seems to be off. We've replaced it, etc... Any other ideas? On a canon I had the alignment process printed a page that the unit then scanned to align specific colors. Is there a feature on this that will do the same? -Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation