02-08-2010 06:51 AM - edited 02-08-2010 08:00 AM
I am trying to get my printer to see the netwrok and for some reason it does not. I have the following,
1) linksys router
2) windows 7
3) SSID is seen
02-08-2010 10:18 AM
Here are a few things to try:
1. If your Linksys uses WEP, change it. WEP is no longer secure (can be broken into in 10 minutes with freeware). Change it to WPA or WPA2. Need help? Do this before anything else.
2. If your Linksys router is new-ish, it may have WPS. This is a very easy way to add the printer. See instructions on page 5 of the manual.
3. Disable your Windows firewall and the firewall in your security system.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection