02-08-2010 06:51 AM - edited 02-08-2010 08:00 AM
I am trying to get my printer to see the netwrok and for some reason it does not. I have the following,
1) linksys router
2) windows 7
3) SSID is seen
02-08-2010 10:18 AM
Here are a few things to try:
1. If your Linksys uses WEP, change it. WEP is no longer secure (can be broken into in 10 minutes with freeware). Change it to WPA or WPA2. Need help? Do this before anything else.
2. If your Linksys router is new-ish, it may have WPS. This is a very easy way to add the printer. See instructions on page 5 of the manual.
3. Disable your Windows firewall and the firewall in your security system.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network