Question
c309a wireless radio not functioning
Replies (276)

rsx Honor Student
Honor Student
rsx
Message 71 of 277 (3,068 Views)

Re: c309a wireless radio not functioning

Just to add my voice to the rest. Exactly the same issues - Incompatible USB when none was attached, wifi radio FAIL, also getting a message that printer is incompatible with my Windows computer. Funny, worked well for past 18 months, now incompatible. Will try to replace radio card, thanks for the suggestion. This is my second HP all in one to fail prematurely with many in forum having same problem. Don't know if HP is any more unreliable than the competition, but certainly no better.

rsx Honor Student
Honor Student
rsx
Message 72 of 277 (3,063 Views)

OK, went with plan B. Just wired the printer to my router and now it is fine. I'm out of warranty, and I know HP won't do anything for me. I'm not up for replacing radio card at this point. I'll just give up on the wireless option. Considering that the printer would not work wirelessly and would not recognize USB either, I'm just grateful that wired to the router, at least it works! I will start shopping around for a new machine, though.

Student
bren31mn
Message 73 of 277 (3,051 Views)

I'm having the same problem.. and out of warranty.  Hooking it up to the router with ethernet worked GREAT.  I did not have to reinstall or change the software at all however.  Now I just hope it lasts!

It's so nice to have my printer back!!!  

Honor Student
DavidNJ
Message 74 of 277 (3,025 Views)

Thanks for the tip to turn off, wait 5 minutes.  The printer was able to pick up wireless routers in my area, and I was able to select the that belongs to me.  The next step was to enter the WEP key, which I did.  Then it tried to connect, but hung at that step.  I couldn't stop the attempted connection by pressing the on/off button, so I had to disconnect the plug from the wall outlet.  I waited 5 minutes and replugged, then started the printer.  It was able to finally connect to the wireless router.  Thanks for the tip.

Honor Student
DavidNJ
Message 75 of 277 (3,023 Views)

Also, the wireless printer is HP Photosmart Pplus B210, freshly out of the box.

Student
Cubeman
Message 76 of 277 (3,002 Views)

Thanks for the help. Couldn't find the wireless card itself, but bought an entire printer with a broken printhead for $20 on Craigslist and changed out the wireless card in 5 minutes with your help.  All is good!

Student
LCORN
Message 77 of 277 (2,971 Views)

I have a C309a also, and it has the wireless network fail message.  I also have bought a desktop and lap top that both were very expensive and just outside of warranty and they quit working.  And guess what?  HP wants to charge ME a years worth of support to help me.  I told them to stick it and I wouldn't ever consider buying an HP product again!  HP produces junk for top dollar and you're lucky if you get 1-2 years out of them and they guess what?  You buy a new one, because they don't back up their mistakes.  Good Luck!

Student
SpinnerG
Message 78 of 277 (2,914 Views)

Wondering if your replacement wireless card is still working for you?

Intern
ashechief
Message 79 of 277 (2,904 Views)

Working great:smileyhappy:

Student
doctorkev
Message 80 of 277 (2,852 Views)

What search engine or website did you find that part on?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation