c309a wireless radio not functioning (21333 Views)
Top Student
sheshb
Message 1 of 275 (21,333 Views)
Accepted Solution

c309a wireless radio not functioning

Hello,

In running the Wireless Network Test, the report says: "The wireless radio is not functioning." Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to call HP Support?

Thanks.

JP 

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 275 (21,328 Views)

Re: c309a wireless radio not functioning

Is the blue wireless LED on?

Have you tried to Restore Network Defaults  and then enable the radio again?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Top Student
sheshb
Message 3 of 275 (21,327 Views)

Yes, blue wireless LED is on.

Restored Network Defaults and enabled the radio again. But same message when doing the Wireless Network Test Report: "The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP Support."

Wireless On - PASS

Wireless Working - FAIL

Kind regards,

JP 

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 4 of 275 (21,318 Views)

Turn off the printer and unplug the power supply connector.  Wait 5 minutes and then turn on the printer.
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Top Student
sheshb
Message 5 of 275 (21,314 Views)

Still got the same results.

JP 

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 6 of 275 (21,312 Views)

How old is the printer?  Is still under warranty?
Top Student
sheshb
Message 7 of 275 (21,313 Views)

I purchased the printer in April 2009. So, I assume it's still under warranty. I guess I would need to contact HP directly?
Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 8 of 275 (21,310 Views)

Yes -- contact HP support.  Tell them you worked though radio troubleshooting with a HP 802.11 R&D engineer on the HP support forums and it's my conclusion that the radio has failed in your C309a.

Also, politely decline their suggestion to resinstall the SW on your computer -- which can't possibly affect the printer's radio.

Top Student
sheshb
Message 9 of 275 (21,305 Views)

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

JP 

Top Student
coldcanuck
Message 10 of 275 (20,522 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had exactly the same issue with a newer HP Premium C309g-m

After returning from vacation and turning my computer and printer back on, it was unable to locate a network, and I too got that The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP Support.*** notice after printing a test report.

In my case, I found that clicking to Setup | Network | Wireless Radio and then manually turning the radio OFF then back to ON solved the issue.

I was then able to use the Wireless setup Wizard to complete the connection and have been using the printer in both local and wireless modes since then.

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers, eh.

C.C.

NB. I just reread the original response and saw that enabling the radio had already been mentioned, but I wondered if "sheshb " had simply checked and verified that the switch was on, or had indeed manually switched back and forth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation