Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've tried several times to connect using wireless (via my router) but the printer does not recongnsie my MAC. I've tried to set up the printer top the router using the control panel on the printer, that bit works and seems to even update software directly but when it comes to printing i can only do it via USB. when I run the ste up again anbd remove the USB it never works.

any ideaS?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Ezekiel000,

I understand that you are having an issue getting your printer and Mac communicating through the router. I will try my best to help you resolve this. To better guide you could you please tell me what operating system you are running on the computer. Are you getting any error messages?

Here is a document for Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection that shows step by step how to install on Mac operating systems.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Dear Advance 23 (and Ezekiel000) I am also struggling to connect my iMac to my new HP Envy 120 wirelssly via my internet router. I am not especially technical, so apologies if this question is not well phrased. I have followed the set up instructions from the original CD and then via the internet. My iMac is connected to my wireless router correctly. However the computer won't find the printer (it says it's offline), unless I 'switch' to the HP Envy 120's network, which the iMac recognises as a separate network. In effect it seems that I can print wirelessly via a 'peer-to-peer' link, but this means that I am then not linked to the internet. Have I missed something? My Mac is running Mac OS X 10.6.08. I hope you can help. Thank you
HP Recommended

Hi WhiteHouse2 and welcome to the HP Forum,

I gathered from your post that you cannot find the printer after your install. I will try me best to help you resolve this.

In this document for 'Unable to Find Printer' Error Message Displays on the Computer during a Wireless Network Installati... there are steps for installing on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Fellow user's comment : However the computer won't find the printer (it says it's offline), unless I 'switch' to the HP Envy 120's network, which the iMac recognises as a separate network. In effect it seems that I can print wirelessly via a 'peer-to-peer' link, but this means that I am then not linked to the internet - this sums up as far as I got with what I thought would be a problem-free Airprint printer. Looks great but doesn't print without my going off-line and using the HP Direct system - hardly ideal. The HP Utility is of no use.  Incidentally, the diagnostic page states NO FILTERING - FAIL.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.