computer wont connect to wireless printer?? (1035 Views)
Top Student
audimomma
Message 1 of 6 (1,035 Views)

computer wont connect to wireless printer??

hp pavillion dv6000- laptop windows vista

hp officejet 6500a plus-printer

ive tried to get the printer to connect to the comuter by wireless....

i have used the wizzard set up and when it asks the option of usb  or wireless/ether connect i chose the wireless connection and it wants me to connect the cable?? I dont want the cable i want the wireless.....!!!!

then i have tired to install printer it comes up on my screen and wants to donwload eveyrthing, the ion for my printer shows up but then says cant find driver??

This is annoying!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (1,012 Views)

Re: computer wont connect to wireless printer??

Download the current Full feature installation software and run it. Here is a link to the web support portal for your printer. If you are still having issues then download and run the Home Network Diagnostic utility and run it. Read the instructions carefully.

When you identofy your OS as Vista does that mean 32-bit or 64-bit Vista? They are not the same.

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
audimomma
Message 3 of 6 (1,009 Views)

sadly ive already done that, i click the wireless/ ethernet connection and it always wants me to hook the cable i dont want the dang cable!! i hooked my moms up just fine she bought us both the same printer!

printer is fine, works great with my iphone

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]

audimomma wrote:

sadly ive already done that, i click the wireless/ ethernet connection and it always wants me to hook the cable i dont want the dang cable!! i hooked my moms up just fine she bought us both the same printer!

printer is fine, works great with my iphone

Have you enabled the wireless radio on the printer?

Does the printer show up when you use the Home Network Diagnostic?

Are your printer and your mother's in the same house?

You can set it up manually through the menu on the panel of the printer.

Download the printer user manual and see pages 224-227. The instructions for setting it up manually are on there.

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Top Student
audimomma
Message 5 of 6 (1,004 Views)

The wireless radio is on.

Yes it shows up in the home diagnostic.

No my mother does not live with me.
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (1,002 Views)

Do you use a wireless router at home or is it a wired conection (CAT5) to your PC?

Best regards,

erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation