Question

Honor Student
yankees
Message 1 of 9 (2,557 Views)
Accepted Solution

connecting officejet j6480 to new wireless router

We have an officejet j6480 all in one and we recently changed wireless routers and now the computers cant find the wireless printer. How do we get the computers to recognize the printer or visa versa. Thank you 

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 2 of 9 (2,548 Views)

Re: connecting officejet j6480 to new wireless router

Were you able to connect the printer to the new router?  Did you set the new router with the same network information (SSID, security settings)?

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
yankees
Message 3 of 9 (2,545 Views)

I have no idea what the old one was. we never even secured the last router. Is there a way of starting over... without the software?  I really have no clue about this stuff.

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 4 of 9 (2,539 Views)

The printer can be associated with the new router by using the wireless setup wizard.  Press the setup button and navigate to network and then the wireless setup wizard.  You have to know the SSID of the new router and also any security settings.

Another method is to use the software CD on the computer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01311135&tmp_task=setupCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Have you setup or changed the default SSID and security settings on the new router?

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
yankees
Message 5 of 9 (2,524 Views)

ok the printer now recognizes the router but the computers still cant find the printer.  when i go into the router settings on the computer it says it recognizes that there is a printer but when i try to print it still can't find it.

Honor Student
yankees
Message 6 of 9 (2,512 Views)

I got it. Thank you very much super dave you were a great help. Now my kids can print thier homework again without e-mailing it to a friend and having them print it. Thanks again.

Honor Student
BillyBillyBilly
Message 7 of 9 (2,076 Views)

Hi can you please tell me the setup button on where, exactly?  I am having the same issue:  new router, and now my HPJ6480, which was fine until now, is not connecting.  thanks

Honor Student
BillyBillyBilly
Message 8 of 9 (2,074 Views)

I think I was able to connect on the printer.  I went through the setup wizard on the printer, but I still am not able to print.  The setup wizard indicated that my router was found successfully. 

Student
CariOneal
Message 9 of 9 (960 Views)

MacBook recognizes printer but can'r seem to get printer to connect to Cisco Valet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation