connection problems with hp deskjet 3050 (2124 Views)
Student
-curious-
Message 1 of 2 (2,124 Views)

connection problems with hp deskjet 3050

[ Edited ]
my HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer - J610a  doesnt want to connect wirelessly, when i try by usb my hp g60 laptop wont recognize it, and when i try wirelessly it remains in the "Checking network environment" page, i also tried installing it again but nothing will work help!, i have windows 7 and stupid me was messing around and accidentally disconnected it!
Tutor
SteveNosko
Message 2 of 2 (2,096 Views)

Re: connection problems with hp deskjet 3050

For my new 3054A J611j I just went through this, but still have issues.

While on the phone with HP 24/7 help the rep ran me through the (Mac OS 10.7) install CD twice more; when it "installed successfully" , but still "couldn't find the printer", rep went away to get port numbers to unblock in case my router had them blocked (it doesn't, but I took them anyway).  When rep came back 10-12 minutes later, printer spontaneously Connected!  Freaked us both out.

Now it has great difficulty connecting and randomly disconnects.

Go to HP Printer help page and try static IP (my next thing to try):

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/p/_wireless/faq.html 

I was able to connect to the printer via IP with the PC as described on above page - interestingly, then it connected again.

Very discouraged with HP after this and I have 3 other, or is it 4, HP printers (non Wireless)

And all I wanted is wireless pringint on the new Mac.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation