01-20-2012 06:24 PM - edited 01-20-2012 07:03 PM
01-20-2012 07:57 PM
For my new 3054A J611j I just went through this, but still have issues.
While on the phone with HP 24/7 help the rep ran me through the (Mac OS 10.7) install CD twice more; when it "installed successfully" , but still "couldn't find the printer", rep went away to get port numbers to unblock in case my router had them blocked (it doesn't, but I took them anyway). When rep came back 10-12 minutes later, printer spontaneously Connected! Freaked us both out.
Now it has great difficulty connecting and randomly disconnects.
Go to HP Printer help page and try static IP (my next thing to try):
I was able to connect to the printer via IP with the PC as described on above page - interestingly, then it connected again.
Very discouraged with HP after this and I have 3 other, or is it 4, HP printers (non Wireless)
And all I wanted is wireless pringint on the new Mac.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network