deskjet 3520 wireless network password not accepted but it is the correct password (1119 Views)
Honor Student
mh57blue
Message 1 of 5 (1,119 Views)

deskjet 3520 wireless network password not accepted but it is the correct password

I just got this Deskjet 3520 printer and it's supposed to use my wireless connection.  I got as far as it selecting the correct wireless network and the correct password was already there but after configuring a few minutes, it said the wireless network rejected the password. This happened a few times and I tried  both the wireless network key and the system password.  So I don't have a wireless printer at this point.  I hope someone can help.  thanks.

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 5 (1,108 Views)

Re: deskjet 3520 wireless network password not accepted but it is the correct password

[ Edited ]

You need to verify the password in your router to be sure.  Temporarily remove all wireless security password and attempt to connect with no password.  Once successful and verified, go back and turn on wireless security of WPA2-AES and strong password and connect again.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the left in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I used to work for HP, but now I'm retired.
Honor Student
mh57blue
Message 3 of 5 (1,107 Views)

Re: deskjet 3520 wireless network password not accepted but it is the correct password

thanks very much!

Student
mwell10
Message 4 of 5 (693 Views)

how do i remove wireless security password?  i am using a mac with a cisco Linksys N600 router

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 5 of 5 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi mwell10,

I suspect you would have to either call your router provider or you can go into the EWS (Embedded Web Server) of the router using its IP address.

To get the IP address of the router you can click on the airport/wifi icon on the top right of the Mac screen ans select *Open Network Preferences*. Then in the Network Preferences you will see the Router IP address.

Mac network prefs.jpg

Mac network info.jpg

Take this IP address and put it into the address bar of a Safari browser.

Use the Thread below for further assistance.

http://community.linksys.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Wireless_Routers/message-id/2171...

Hope this helps

Click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation